By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL NX thread: Does Cloud confirm FF7 appearance on NX???

What's the name of the NX!?

Dolphin 17 8.17%

Fusion 113 54.33%

starbox 13 6.25%

Link 18 8.65%

gameslate 3 1.44%

pu 44 21.15%

Total:208
zorg1000 said:
JEMC said:
zorg1000 said:

EA will be there at launch even if it's just late/gimped ports. The big publishers like EA/Ubisoft/Activision/Warner Bros all will have at least 1-2 games at launch just in case it ends up being a smash hit, none of them want to be left out in that case. Any future support beyond launch will depend on how well the console and their games sell.

That's the usual case, but with NX we don't know what to expect.

Until now we never had a publisher lefting a console in the dust and then having to face the successor of said console (Sega didn't launch a successor of the Dreamcast), so these are uncharted waters for everybody, so to speak.

Ubisoft will absolutely be there, and Activision will have at least a Skylanders game.

We kinda saw it on GameCube, it got pretty strong support for the first couple years but in the second half of its life a lot of multiplat games started skipping it and only releasing on PS2/XB.

The support went down, but it didn't fully stop like it happened with Wii U.

And let's be honest, EA's support for Wii wasn't good. Even Activision supported it more than them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Until now we never had a publisher lefting a console in the dust and then having to face the successor of said console (Sega didn't launch a successor of the Dreamcast), so these are uncharted waters for everybody, so to speak.

Ubisoft will absolutely be there, and Activision will have at least a Skylanders game.

We DID see it. EA left Saturn as soon as Sega went public on Dreamcast. I don't think we'll see EA's games at NX's launch.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
JEMC said:

We DID see it. EA left Saturn as soon as Sega went public on Dreamcast. I don't think we'll see EA's games at NX's launch.

Are you sure about it?

I didn't pay too much attention to gaming news back then, but I thought EA did support the Dreamcast early on but left left rather soon as they did with Wii U.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
bdbdbd said:
JEMC said:

Are you sure about it?

I didn't pay too much attention to gaming news back then, but I thought EA did support the Dreamcast early on but left left rather soon as they did with Wii U.

If I remember rightly EA tried to monopolise sega into only allowing EA sports games on dreamcast, Sega said No GTFO, so EA left them for dust and as a result Sega Tennis etc was born to fill the gaps. EA are a bit brutal really, they be all on you like a rash if you doing good, soon as they sense trouble they gone. Buisness I guess

Nogamez said:
JEMC said:
bdbdbd said:
JEMC said:

Are you sure about it?

If I remember rightly EA tried to monopolise sega into only allowing EA sports games on dreamcast, Sega said No GTFO, so EA left them for dust and as a result Sega Tennis etc was born to fill the gaps. EA are a bit brutal really, they be all on you like a rash if you doing good, soon as they sense trouble they gone. Buisness I guess

Rumors say that something similar is what happened between Nintendo and EA but in this case with the Nintendo Network and Origin.

But what I don't know is if EA launched games on Dreamcast or if Saturn was the last Sega console they supported.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Nogamez said:
JEMC said:
bdbdbd said:
JEMC said:

Are you sure about it?

Rumors say that something similar is what happened between Nintendo and EA but in this case with the Nintendo Network and Origin.

But what I don't know is if EA launched games on Dreamcast or if Saturn was the last Sega console they supported.

There were no EA games on DC that I know of. Dreamcast didn't do that well in the west that EA had needed to support it. They were also going to leave Gamecube, but Nintendo negotiated the royalties to favour EA more. I'm not sure did EA release games on NES (maybe in the later years), but EA wasn't really supporting Nintendo before the Snes.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:
JEMC said:
Nogamez said:

There were no EA games on DC that I know of. Dreamcast didn't do that well in the west that EA had needed to support it. They were also going to leave Gamecube, but Nintendo negotiated the royalties to favour EA more. I'm not sure did EA release games on NES (maybe in the later years), but EA wasn't really supporting Nintendo before the Snes.

Ok.

But I still think that now it's a different situation, than that.

JEMC said:

Ok.

Well, yes and no. I think it largely depends if NX will succeed or not. When Dreamcast was released, the games industry was experiencing growth, so it was easier to say no. But today the industry is in decline, so I dont think EA has the interest of leaving money on the table. In both cases it's just about the power EA will have on the platform.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:
JEMC said:

Ok.

Well, yes and no. I think it largely depends if NX will succeed or not. When Dreamcast was released, the games industry was experiencing growth, so it was easier to say no. But today the industry is in decline, so I dont think EA has the interest of leaving money on the table. In both cases it's just about the power EA will have on the platform.

So what you're saying, basically, is the same I said earlier:

JEMC said:
theprof00 said:
JEMC said:
No, I don't think any EA game will launch on NX, at least during the first year.

They only said that they would look at it (NX and supporting it) which simply means that they will stay back and, if the console is a success, then they'll port some of its games.

Well now, I guess it all really depends on how the system turns out.

If the rumors are true, and it can support Android, I could very well see EA porting some mobile games over :D

If we are talking about mobile games, yes, I can see them throwing a couple of them to gauge their interest. But I doubt they'll bother with any console games until they see if the console sells well or not.

Pavolink said:
160rmf said:
Pavolink said:

What would be the point in releasing the homeconsole device one year later if it can play the same handheld games?

Same games, but different ways of play.

Every game would have a exclusive mode that will explore the capabilities of the type of device that you are playing, similar to Smash bros for 3DS/Wii U.

And better graphics

That still doesn't explain why it has to be released one year later.

So Wii U owners don't go on riot mode. They produce some NX games with a Wii U port in mind till the NX home console is close to release

We reap what we sow