By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL NX thread: Does Cloud confirm FF7 appearance on NX???

What's the name of the NX!?

Dolphin 17 8.17%

Fusion 113 54.33%

starbox 13 6.25%

Link 18 8.65%

gameslate 3 1.44%

pu 44 21.15%

Total:208

Most of the Magnum stuff in that link went over my head.

But the pics supplied among the comments made me smile.

Around the Network

So, Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare 2 is coming out. With Splatoon, another cartoony shooter, being a massive success, and EA talking about supporting Nintendo again (I take this with a grain of salt), do you think this game will release on the NX? By the time the console is out, the game will be out already, so it might be a cheap and easy port, just like those that appeared on the WiiU.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

No, I don't think any EA game will launch on NX, at least during the first year.

They only said that they would look at it (NX and supporting it) which simply means that they will stay back and, if the console is a success, then they'll port some of its games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
No, I don't think any EA game will launch on NX, at least during the first year.

They only said that they would look at it (NX and supporting it) which simply means that they will stay back and, if the console is a success, then they'll port some of its games.

Well now, I guess it all really depends on how the system turns out.

If the rumors are true, and it can support Android, I could very well see EA porting some mobile games over :D

theprof00 said:
JEMC said:

If the rumors are true, and it can support Android, I could very well see EA porting some mobile games over :D

If we are talking about mobile games, yes, I can see them throwing a couple of them to gauge their interest. But I doubt they'll bother with any console games until they see if the console sells well or not.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
theprof00 said:
JEMC said:

If we are talking about mobile games, yes, I can see them throwing a couple of them to gauge their interest. But I doubt they'll bother with any console games until they see if the console sells well or not.

Plenty of other devs have made games for current consoles that don't pan out well. MGS5 for example.

theprof00 said:
JEMC said:
theprof00 said:
JEMC said:

Plenty of other devs have made games for current consoles that don't pan out well. MGS5 for example.

But those are different problems.

EA stopped developing Wii U games because the console sales were horrible, and given that the attach rate of their games on Nintendo consoles is lower than on Sony or MSoft machines, they decided that it wasn't worth it. If Wii U had sold well, Nintendo gamers would still have FIFA and probably the Plants vs Zombies game (after how well Splatoon has done as Darwinianevolution has said).

*Note: I'm not going to judge the quality of the EA ports on Wii U or why it doesn't bother to develop for 3DS. Those are other problems.

With NX what I think they will do is just play safe and wait to see what happens.

The MSG 5 case, just like many other games in this but also the last generation, are more about internal problems from the devs that we don't usually know about getting public attention or simply games that fail to reach the audience they were looking for like Homefront, Too Human and many, many more.

JEMC said:
theprof00 said:
JEMC said:

EA will be there at launch even if it's just late/gimped ports. The big publishers like EA/Ubisoft/Activision/Warner Bros all will have at least 1-2 games at launch just in case it ends up being a smash hit, none of them want to be left out in that case. Any future support beyond launch will depend on how well the console and their games sell.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JEMC said:
theprof00 said:
JEMC said:

EA will be there at launch even if it's just late/gimped ports. The big publishers like EA/Ubisoft/Activision/Warner Bros all will have at least 1-2 games at launch just in case it ends up being a smash hit, none of them want to be left out in that case. Any future support beyond launch will depend on how well the console and their games sell.

That's the usual case, but with NX we don't know what to expect.

Until now we never had a publisher lefting a console in the dust and then having to face the successor of said console (Sega didn't launch a successor of the Dreamcast), so these are uncharted waters for everybody, so to speak.

Ubisoft will absolutely be there, and Activision will have at least a Skylanders game.

JEMC said:
zorg1000 said:
JEMC said:
theprof00 said:
JEMC said:

That's the usual case, but with NX we don't know what to expect.

Until now we never had a publisher lefting a console in the dust and then having to face the successor of said console (Sega didn't launch a successor of the Dreamcast), so these are uncharted waters for everybody, so to speak.

Ubisoft will absolutely be there, and Activision will have at least a Skylanders game.

We kinda saw it on GameCube, it got pretty strong support for the first couple years but in the second half of its life a lot of multiplat games started skipping it and only releasing on PS2/XB.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.