By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL NX thread: Does Cloud confirm FF7 appearance on NX???

What's the name of the NX!?

Dolphin 17 8.17%

Fusion 113 54.33%

starbox 13 6.25%

Link 18 8.65%

gameslate 3 1.44%

pu 44 21.15%

Total:208
shenlong213 said:

Yes, it was confirmed by Nintendo since September as I remember

Confirmed they joined Khronos or that they will help with Vulkan's API development?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
shenlong213 said:

Yes, it was confirmed by Nintendo since September as I remember

Confirmed they joined Khronos or that they will help with Vulkan's API development?

According to the information at hand, Nintendo has joined the group at the Contributor level, which means they have full access to the APIs developed by the group. This could become very relevant for Nintendo’s next console and while it seems like a jumble of unrelated tech news, it could be an interesting clue about the direction Nintendo will be taking in the next few years.

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Pavolink said:
shenlong213 said:

From now I will daily update new information about NX on this topic, everyone should read the first post to see anything we know about NX so far

Nintendo joins Khronos in September, will help development of Vulkan's API for release at the end of 2015. The NX will most definitely use this to have amazing GPU/CPU performance by getting the most out of each chip.

Not sure if you guys realized this but this means the NX will be able to run basically any modern High End Graphics Engine that is currently available with great results.

I also read that Sony could adopt a form of Vulkan to work with the PS4, but Open GL probably is best suited for it. The NX is forward thinking for Nintendo thanks to them partnering with Khronos. The console will be able to run any engine a developer can throw at it and is not so limited as DX12 is since it's exclusive to Windows 10.

Source

Is this real world? Please tell me! Can't wait to see amazing looking games with great AI and how can Nintendo use all that power to push forward the gaming industry!

Pavo, there was a thread about this news in September:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208433

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Pavo, there was a thread about this news in September:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208433

Good, good. Can't wait to see their beautiful games in NX.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Thanks Shenlong.

I had to delete the previous post because it was just so long. Later on I'm going to photoshop it all together so that it looks better in the amount of space we have.

Around the Network

Very exciting! Can't wait as official details start to come out next year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

With all the talk about Fallout 4 recently, I've been thinking about the western developer that never put anything for Nintendo: Take 2 and Zenimax. EA, Activision and Ubisoft usually have is ups and downs with Nintendo, but Take 2 and Zenimax just ignore Nintendo altogether. Until now, they've had the excuse of power and bad 3rd party relationships from Nintendo's part. If the problem of power is solved on the NX, will these two companies finally acknowledge a Nintendo system?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Where was i that i didn't know about this Khronos thing?

Industry leading chips rings a bell?

DélioPT said:

Supporting Vulkan doesn't translate to "industry leading chips". Vulkan will be an API just like DX 12.

Nintendo already supported OpenGL (the API that will be replaced by Vulkan) with its consoles, it's just that now they have expanded their involvement in the Khronos group to become a Contributor, something that will allow them to make better use of it.

In the end, it's doubtful that Nintendo uses it with their first party titles because they will use their own engines and better API, but they could use it with their development kits to make life easier with third parties and indies.

@Darwinianevolution: It's true that Take 2 hasn't launched anything on Wii U, but they supported the Wii. Remember Carnival Games?... Ok, and how about Bully?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
DélioPT said:

Supporting Vulkan doesn't translate to "industry leading chips". Vulkan will be an API just like DX 12.

Nintendo already supported OpenGL (the API that will be replaced by Vulkan) with its consoles, it's just that now they have expanded their involvement in the Khronos group to become a Contributor, something that will allow them to make better use of it.

In the end, it's doubtful that Nintendo uses it with their first party titles because they will use their own engines and better API, but they could use it with their development kits to make life easier with third parties and indies.

@Darwinianevolution: It's true that Take 2 hasn't launched anything on Wii U, but they supported the Wii. Remember Carnival Games?... Ok, and how about Bully?

I know, but we have Carnival Games, one of many, many, many shovelware the Wii got during its lifespam, and Bully, a PS2 port that, while welcomed, was nothing new. Welcomed, yes, and Manhunt 2 too. But they released very early on and really did nothing new. They could have released one of those PSP games on the Wii, it was a thing for a while. GTA Liberty City Stories, or Vice City Stories would have been really welcomed on a platform with very little PG18 content.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.