By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Episode Duscae Runs At 900p On PS4; XBO Screenshots Reveal Sub-800p Resolution – Report

kristianity77 said:
bunchanumbers said:
Even the final release versions will have issues. Both of these consoles are already being pushed beyond their limits. Its a bummer that 1080p and 60 fps is mainly the realm of PC gaming.

I'm sure Square Enix will be gutted that you won't buy this game.  For the rest of us though, who like Final Fantasy, we perhaps don't care about the 1080/60 thing and just...ya know...wanna play the game.

SE should be gutted. I've owned Final Fantasy games since the first on the NES. Not to mention many other franchises before they were big like Rad Racer and Secret of Mana.

Around the Network

If it's one thing I dont worry about when it come to SE it's graphics.

bunchanumbers said:
kristianity77 said:

I'm sure Square Enix will be gutted that you won't buy this game.  For the rest of us though, who like Final Fantasy, we perhaps don't care about the 1080/60 thing and just...ya know...wanna play the game.

SE should be gutted. I've owned Final Fantasy games since the first on the NES. Not to mention many other franchises before they were big like Rad Racer and Secret of Mana.

Yes but your missing the point.  did you care about graphics and resolution and framerates when you were having fun playing through NES Final Fantasy or SNES games like Secret Of Mana (which incidently, is one of my all time favourite games).  Of course you didn't.  You likely just got on with it and played the games and enjoyed it.  So why now are you letting something like that bother you?  A good game is a good game.  The fact that a PS4 or Xbox One cannot keep up with a decent spec PC is totally immaterial.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I don't see the deal over this demo lol

It is too early.

bunchanumbers said:

I'm only dropping in to reminisce my own playthroughs of Rad Racer! I think I'll have to dig it out next time I'm home

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
zero129 said:
HollyGamer said:
zero129 said:
sc94597 said:
I could tell by the jaggies in the videos that the image quality wasn't the greatest Hopefully they can reach the 1080p goal for PS4 and 900p for XBO, AND improve the frame-rate without downgrades. Or hopefully they just release a PC version and people can play it at 4k with graphical mods.

I dont think you will have to wish too hard for that mate with the way SE has been releasing their classic FF games on Steam and this is already pretty much confirmed to be coming to PC too. On Steam the is FF3-4 3D remakes, FF7-8 Enanced Edition, FF13-1-2 is already out now on steam too with Lighting strikes set to launch soon. Then the was rumors of FFX HD getting ported to Steam with it even showing up on the Steam DB. thats 6 FF games already launched on steam within the year plus the has been soo many other JRPG's launching on it within the last year too i believe JRPG companys are finding that PC gamers really do like JRPG's xD .

They will but not all games will come, I am here still waiting FF 9, 10 and 12 to come to PC, I am sure if the games really popular on console they will just stay exclusive on console. the biggest problem is PC gamer need to wait more then 5 years or even longger.  and the graphic will not that different from consoles and doesnt improve much on PC,  because it just console port.

FF13 imo looks alot better on PC then it did on PS3/X360 thanks to being in a higher res (It was always a nice looking game to begain with).

Plus i dont think JRPG fans on PC will have to wait as long as they once did for the games to come since now gaming on PC thanks to steam! is becoming very mainstream, ie going into console waters with alot of console users now also gaming on PC's more and more people are going to be calling for genres that was once pretty much exclusive to consoles now to come to PC, and that can be seen with so many JRPG's releasing on steam within the last year alone.

Plus with the consoles now pretty much being PC's with a custom OS and with all engines being multi platform the really is no reason for them to miss out on that extra cash anymore since they will be losing nothing by porting it to PC in the first place.

As for FF9, 10 and 12. PC is also missing FF1-2 but im sure SquareEnix will get around to having all them games ported onto PC before FF15 even launches on Consoles, i also believe PC will end up getting a port of FF Type0. Like we went from 1 year ago almost having no JRPG's on steam to a shitload of them being launched within the year including 6 FF games with 4 of them never being on PC before being ported that must tell you something .

it look better interms of resolution and framerate  but not that different lol such waste to have high graphic card for resolution only  it just slightly better, it's port  games that can run on 7800 GTX smoothly. and there is no any advance option for graphic either. it happen for all consoles ported games like Valkiere , Naruto, Dragon Ball  etc.

But yeah most of jrpg games that come to Steam are actually third rate JRPG that even doesn't sales much on consoles games like Persona 5 and other like The last Odseey is still far from hope.

actually Rpg for PC had a history in the past and it's not that different from gen 7,  and still it's not a insurance that this games will come in near future.

Too early; final Game will be 1080p on PS4 and 900p on X1.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

zero129 said:
kristianity77 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Yes but your missing the point.  did you care about graphics and resolution and framerates when you were having fun playing through NES Final Fantasy or SNES games like Secret Of Mana (which incidently, is one of my all time favourite games).  Of course you didn't.  You likely just got on with it and played the games and enjoyed it.  So why now are you letting something like that bother you?  A good game is a good game.  The fact that a PS4 or Xbox One cannot keep up with a decent spec PC is totally immaterial.

I think what his saying is that no one expected the consoles to be as powerful as uber PC's but not many people expected them to be as weak as they are also, since many people expected the consoles to be able to do 1080P res at 30/60FPS and to be honest both consoles should of launched having no problems keeping a 1080P res and i know PS4 hits it most of the time!, but i have a feeling 900P or lower is going to become pretty common on both nextgen consoles.

I understand that part but the thing is, its not like even 1600x900 is bad is it on a 1080p TV.  Regardless of whether the resolution bump on 900p is only a minor jump from 720p, games look night and day better than the last generation which is all 99% of console gamers care about.   I know its not an ideal thing to say but the fact is, its the vast minority of people (like on forums like this etc) that care about such things.  The average person looks at a game, thinks it looks a hell of a lot better than anything last gen and is happy with their purchase.  Which is the way it should be.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I am holding out for a PC release. I really hope that FFX HD comes out on PC as well.

I don't doubt that the game will be 1080p, the Luminous engine is still in development. But I don't think they will be able to make it run at a solid 30 fps, considering the high technical and graphical goals. Time will tell. Still way too early.