By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Episode Duscae Runs At 900p On PS4; XBO Screenshots Reveal Sub-800p Resolution – Report

fatslob-:O said:
I'm very disappointed in FFXV from a technical standpoint. Compared to FFXIII, it's less than groundbreaking when it isn't pushing any boundaries. Some of the textures look like a mess, less than impressive shaders, the lighting and the models are meh ...

Now this ...

I know this is a demo but this is getting pitiful considering a franchise of this pedigree ...

Really? The models are unparalled and the lighting is very realistic and dynamic.  Shadows when at night when objects are hit with your flashlight are smooth and in high resolution, even the shadow of the hair is very detailed with every textured strand having  shadows. Textures are all very high quality. The problem with the texturing is the AF(Anisotropic filtering), which is pretty nonexistent in the demo. AF makes textures clear and crisp in every angle. Without it, textures will not have a consistent quality in certain angles.

Around the Network
Kowan said:

Really? The models are unparalled and the lighting is very realistic and dynamic.  Shadows when at night when objects are hit with your flashlight are smooth and in high resolution, even the shadow of the hair is very detailed with every textured strand having  shadows. Textures are all very high quality. The problem with the texturing is the AF(Anisotropic filtering), which is pretty nonexistent in the demo. AF makes textures clear and crisp in every angle. Without it, textures will not have a consistent quality in certain angles.

-snip-

Yes, it really looks that average ...

The character and object models are nothing compared to the likes of Ryse or The Order. The lighting is just average at best compared to a lot of graphically impressive games released so far. 

The textures are higher quality compared to last gen but it's not what I would come to expect for a current gen only game ...

OK it's time for stop begging this game to PC, it will come if it's come, they can ported technologically but at marketing point it's far from fruition.

Kowan said:

-snip-

The character and object models are nothing compared to the likes of Ryse or The Order. The lighting is just average at best compared to a lot of graphically impressive games released so far. 

The textures are higher quality compared to last gen but it's not what I would come to expect for a current gen only game ...

Oh well. I do beg to differ. I've been playing the demo for almost 8 hours now, just exploring and levelling up. The character models are way better than the Orders, specially the hair. Polygon count is mostly higher as well. The lighting is also great and makes the game look more realistic, specially on how it makes specific things react to light, like the skin, the hair, water, rocks, etc. 

But if you don't think so then oh well.

Kowan said:

Oh well. I do beg to differ. I've been playing the demo for almost 8 hours now, just exploring and levelling up. The character models are way better than the Orders, specially the hair. Polygon count is mostly higher as well. The lighting is also great and makes the game look more realistic, specially on how it makes specific things react to light, like the skin, the hair, water, rocks, etc. 

It's an early build and it's open world. God forbid it doesn't have the graphics fidelity of The Order... -__-

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Kowan said:

It's an early build and it's open world. God forbid it doesn't have the graphics fidelity of The Order... -__-

I think you meant to reply to the other guy, not me. I find FFXV to be graphically beautiful.

It's a demo.

/thread.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

bunchanumbers said:

Is it wrong that I want to hold them to the standards they set?

No, but I do find it wrong that there are people ehre and elsewhere that try to cover up the standards their favourite dev/company have set themselevs this generation. This generation was deliberately marketed as 1080p 60fps, I cannot stress how often I've seen so much talk from devs and company avdertisements stressing how 1080p 60fps makes games so much better, something PC users have been saying for years and everyone ignored them but when a console markets the same thing it;s apparently fine and applauded, then when they can't reach what they set out the fans are quick to cover their asses with "res doesn't matter/fps doesn't matter/high polygons/graphics in general don't matter", all while devs make excuses of their own and they never ever once go back to what they said and admit they dun goofed and that they were sorry they had reached their limtiations that they should have been well aware of, none of that is hardly mentioned because it would bring fans down to a dark reality that what they bought into might not actually be as good as it was marketed to be.

Take a look at Nvidia fans having a big go at Nvidia over the GTX 970, it was marketed as having a solid 4gb memory yet it doesn't have it all and people are going nuts to them, every time I hear PS4 is 900p 30fps there are always people there to cover them with weak excuses instead of admitting that the devs suck at coding, look at ubisoft and their team with the list of released extremely buggy games.

I don't find it wrong at all to hold a dev/company to the standards they set because if they want to promise and market you something then they had better keep to their word, there's no real going back on something like that since they know it would hurt them in the longrun.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kowan said:

Way better ? Doubtful since both of them have around 100K primitives with FFXV having a more aggressive LOD system in place reducing the quality even further in gameplay ...

Kowan said:

Way better ? Doubtful since both of them have around 100K primitives with FFXV having a more aggressive LOD system in place reducing the quality even further in gameplay ...

The order and FFXV both have over 100k polygons per character but FFXV's looks amazing even in gameplay. The order has better details due to the characters design but I think FFXV's demo version models are a bit more realistic specially in terms of lighting, animation and hair. Come final version and I expect it to be even better.

But like I said, if you don't think so then so be it. You can keep on saying this or that looks better but I'm still gonna stick to my own preferences.