By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Episode Duscae Runs At 900p On PS4; XBO Screenshots Reveal Sub-800p Resolution – Report

zero129 said:

We are in completly different times then the PS1-2 gens 

To be fair, FF7 and FF8 released for PC in 1998 and 2000 respectively. But they weren't as well received as Final Fantasy games are now. That shows even more how PC demographics have changed toward JRPG's and Japanese games than they were 18 years ago. 

Around the Network
zero129 said:
sc94597 said:
I could tell by the jaggies in the videos that the image quality wasn't the greatest Hopefully they can reach the 1080p goal for PS4 and 900p for XBO, AND improve the frame-rate without downgrades. Or hopefully they just release a PC version and people can play it at 4k with graphical mods.

I dont think you will have to wish too hard for that mate with the way SE has been releasing their classic FF games on Steam and this is already pretty much confirmed to be coming to PC too. On Steam the is FF3-4 3D remakes, FF7-8 Enanced Edition, FF13-1-2 is already out now on steam too with Lighting strikes set to launch soon. Then the was rumors of FFX HD getting ported to Steam with it even showing up on the Steam DB. thats 6 FF games already launched on steam within the year plus the has been soo many other JRPG's launching on it within the last year too i believe JRPG companys are finding that PC gamers really do like JRPG's xD .

They haven't said anything about FFXV coming to PC plus X and X-2 won't come most likely. X-2 can come to steam but X can't sony helped produce the game, they aren't letting it go.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

zero129 said:

Ok so since res and framerate doesnt matter why does X1 and PS4 fans argue about it so much??, and thats only 900P vs 1080P, here where talkiing sub 720P vs over 1080P res for most people.

So Clarly its an important expect to a games visuals as 1080P is giving you a much crisper image compared to 720P. Plus its not that hard to push FF13 to 4k and downsample to 1080P and it looks great with not a jaggie in sight and really shows of the textures and other effects that would of been harder to notice on the consoles with such low res's. And im pretty sure FF15 will make better use of peoples high end GPU's on PC .

And only 3rd rate JRPG's come to steam? Since when has the FF series been a 3rd rate JRPG? And yes you can say "Well they have only released the old games" but thats cos atm they have no new game to launch until FF15 launchs!! and trust me that will be on PC. What classic FF games has SE released on PS4 within the last year? its getting FF10 HD (Also most likely going to come to PC) and got the steam re release of FF7 on it with rumors that the steam version of FF13 will be coming to PS4 too.

Like other users your looking at PC gaming from the past instead of seeing just whats been going on lately with it and how it has been changing soo much within the last 2 years alone.

When was the last time we had a MGS game on PC?? it was a long time ago with MGS2 now we have MGS:GS on it looking way better then it did on consoles and we have MGS5:PP launchin at the same time as consoles. How long ago was it when you seen so many Japan style games launching on PC?? now we have lots of them coming constintly With even Rumors of Namco porting their latest Tales of game to PC that will be 2 huge name JRPG series on PC. Also you talk about 3rd rate but yet FF is a much bigger series then Persona and clearly SE is just building up their user base on PC before the release of FF15 .

And PC had a RPG history in the past and still does but it never had a JRPG history like it does now. We are in completly different times then the PS1-2 gens as alot of Console only gamers have become PC gamers too within the last 2 years thanks to Steam and low entry price for gaming PCs making it easier then ever for people to start gaming on PC and still have that console experence..

for console games having resolution bump is worth it lol because it's close system, unlike PC games that benefit on advance graphic option, having resolution and frame rate bump only does waste the PC that utilize high end graphic card, you can play the games on very old card and it still look the same (despite the resolution).

"And only 3rd rate JRPG's come to steam? Since when has the FF series been a 3rd rate JRPG? And yes you can say "Well they have only released the old games" but that's cos atm they have no new game to launch until FF15 launches!" is not an excuse last year SE brought the last remnant to PC but now they only bring FF13/13-2, L return that most hardcore rpg games have small interest on it.

But it's a fact that most games that coming is an old games and not selling anymore on consoles, and FF 15 is certainly have high expectation for many console gamer, and even if it's come it will take a long time to come.

again your theory is just your own hope without any prove , and if you bring Metal gear series into discussion it's even funnier MGS 2,3 and 4 has not come to PC either and in your theory they will include before the next Metal gear comes to PC right but guess what MG phantom pain will come this year without bundling all the old games . and then rumor of Namco bring their tales games to PC , it's just rumor.

PC doesn't have the console experience lol, the current Steam is trying to provide similar service like console, but it's still far from what console is, i will agree to this term until PC has become close system, you can wait for 100 year lol

and if you said more rpg coming to PC then this will only help more and more exclusive "new" exclusives jrpg games comes to consoles (PS4 usually), because like i said most of gamer or PC market is too different from console, and the games that comes usually just a to milk their sales.

I've done with u here, you just derailing the thread by spouting nonsense that FF XV will come to PC, if you still want a further discussion you can just message me.

They did say the would like to bring the game to PC l a while back. I am on my phone so I cant provide a link, but I recall quite clearly that it was said.

Shrugs at possibilities. Could this end up with more effects, better iq or just raises pixel count?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

So final resolutions will probably be 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbone. 60fps sure would be nice though.

On XB1 it's much closer to 800p than it is to 720p. 792p wouldn't surprise me at all considering past games.

Think I'll wait for a PC port if this is what's expected, even then there's more options when it gets ported.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I spent more time with the demo and I think they just went overboard with the character models. They are WAY too high quality, they could be used in a CGI movie and we won't notice any difference. There is no straight edges on them, everything is smooth. The hair is also very detailed. Even random NPCs have detailed hair and high polygon models. Unlike other FF games that uses different models for cutscenes. and gameplay, this demo uses the same models for both. Man, if they put a photo mode in this game, it would amazing!

To be honest, I'll be surprise if the final product end up at 1080p resolution, though 60fps is highly unlikely.