By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy type-0 review thread 67-76 metacritic *reviews incoming*

Roronaa_chan said:
TiagoCosta said:

It even gives off that nostalgic feeling that games nowadays lack. 

In such mechanized industry, where you are either indie(Woot they are saving the industry) or AAA (that resolution, Dat resolution!) it seems, these "type 0's" are a breath of fresh air.

But this is an HD port of a FF game.

That never came out in west land, if it was a port of something like ff13 I wouldn't say that.

Around the Network

Good enough for me. I already knew the camera was going to be shit so that doesn't bother me.

I hope this is the game to break the review system and give them the middle finger. It definitely has the potential especially with such a selective fanbase.

I might start gravitating towards games that are only in the 75 range and hope for the best that they are special.

Xenogears got in the low 80s but mostly because development focused so much effort into the story rather than some specific gameplay issues. Well that and I suppose the story was VERY story heavy...but that was a positive in most gamers minds.

Lube Me Up

Has a 75 meta right now, solid score so far.

vivster said:
I see a lot of reviewers are making the mistake of putting any weight on story whatsoever.

It's a very common mistake when critics review RPG's. Happens all the time.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Has a 75 meta right now, solid score so far.

Indeed it is.   I never expected a 90+ score for this game.   Between 75 and 80 will be acceptable for me. 

Up to 75 now.

Now people may reconsider buying it after deciding against it due to the reviews being in the low 70s.

It's green now!! That means GO GO GO!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It´s a decent score for a spin-off

I thought the average would continue to rise. Should stay below 80 though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I read some old PSP reviews and ffxv demo meant full price day 1 purchase....lol