By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me: Explain what you don't like with mobile gaming!

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
DanneSandin said:
KLXVER said:
If you want to be successful in creating games for mobiles, then youre asking the wrong crowd here.

I'm not too sure about that. I don't think there's been a really good game made for the hardcore audience in mind yet. And besides, this is for my application to a school. I'm not developing a game yet ^^

There are a few games made for core gamers on mobiles and the good ones usually gets ported to the consoles, PC or handhelds with better gameplay.

If you want to make games for mobiles, then think more Angry Birds and less The Last Of Us.

this is all that is WRONG with mobile gameing in my eyes.

(give me a mobile equivalent of a masterfull put together game for a mobile)

Ive played angry birds.... ALOT too so im guilty of it as well.

However to me angry birds isnt a "real" game.

Its more like a card game is. Its the silly go fun type of time sink... game.

There is no story, no futherment, no advancements to be made.

Fire a bird, see if it hits anything...... to me doesnt make a game.

Around the Network

No buttons

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

They are designed not to be memorable. No one is going to think nostalgically about Angry Birds and the gameplay that it provided. If anything, the nostalgia will be linked to everything surrounding Angry Birds at the time (like the fact that you played it during your bus trips to/from school, for example).

On the other hand, everyone can look back at their different encounters and accomplishments in The Legend of Zelda fondly thanks to the music, sound effects, lore and visuals that were linked to those events. The simple graphics and controls of early video game consoles proves that hardware limitations is not a factor. Mobile games don't tend to have this sort of depth though because it's a bigger risk for the developer (more time and resources potentially wasted) while games like Angry Birds and Candy Crush have shown that cheap games is the easiest way to success.

My advice to you? Look at your favorite NES/SNES games and think about what makes them memorable.

<3

You get a cookie :)

I couldnt agree more with what you just wrote.

JRPGfan said:

this is all that is WRONG with mobile gameing in my eyes.

(give me a mobile equivalent of a masterfull put together game for a mobile)

Ive played angry birds.... ALOT too so im guilty of it as well.

However to me angry birds isnt a "real" game.

Its more like a card game is. Its the silly go fun type of time sink... game.

There is no story, no futherment, no advancements to be made.

Fire a bird, see if it hits anything...... to me doesnt make a game.

Well its still a game. Tetris doesnt have a story either. Its just falling blocks that you stack.

They don't last. For me mobile games are the ones that you play when you're waiting for the bus or train to arrive. Or when you're in a waiting room. That's it.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network

An interview with Rayne Payton. He was a producer for MGS4 (other than kojima) then he quit Konami to work with Microsoft, but he quit that too to work on his own.

He talks about he's recently released game and mobile gaming market and audience. You should check it out because he also mentioned how he tried to overcome the shortcomings of the touch screen to create a game for his usual audience on consoles.

http://youtu.be/hN-yoAC4Y5M

.- -... -.-. -..

Well its still a game. Tetris doesnt have a story either. Its just falling blocks that you stack.

I refuse to call Angry birds a "real" game.

Same goes for card games, table top games, dice games (yatzy anyone?), ect.

And yes.... tetris too.

JoeAncelotti said:
They don't last. For me mobile games are the ones that you play when you're waiting for the bus or train to arrive. Or when you're in a waiting room. That's it.

re:  isnt that just because you dont have a game worth playing at home on your mobile?

Eg. your ps4 games are much much better than the equvilant games your mobile has?

That says more about the quality of games on mobile phones, than it does about gameplay in general on phones.

JRPGfan said:

I refuse to call Angry birds a "real" game.

Same goes for card games, table top games, dice games (yatzy anyone?), ect.

And yes.... tetris too.

Well youre wrong, but I cant argue with your opinion...

PieToast said:
An interview with Rayne Payton. He was a producer for MGS4 (other than kojima) then he quit Konami to work with Microsoft, but he quit that too to work on his own.

He talks about he's recently released game and mobile gaming market and audience. You should check it out because he also mentioned how he tried to overcome the shortcomings of the touch screen to create a game for his usual audience on consoles.

http://youtu.be/hN-yoAC4Y5M

The full episode, best podcast ep Ive ever listened too =D

My biggest issue is that... I actually don't have a mobile device to play them on! I use an old flip phone because that's all I need, haha...

Aside from that, mobile games just feel cheap and pointless to play. Usually when I play a game, I like getting invested into it, whether it be story, great game play, or honing my skills. Mobile games just feel like I'm passing time with no goals, and I'm not very big with smearing my fingers on the screen to play. I just see little point in playing mobile games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread