By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UK General Election 2015

The Fury said:
DanRybacki said:

If I was 18 it'd be Lib Dem because they semi-care about the environment, and because it would block the Tories from taking my constituency :D

According to your profile, you are 32... :?

I didn't know if this site had age-limited registration xD

Around the Network
Sharu said:
The Fury said:

What kinds of things do you want? 

Labour are Centre Left, Tories are Centre Right with Left spliced in. Lib Dems are Centre. UKIP are racists. Labour usually wins cities, Yorkshire and Scotland. Tories the countryside.

I mean... Say in the international politics. What will be the direction of it of Lib and of Tories, for example what will be the same, what - different?

There's very little difference in policies between the main parties, this is even more true at the international level. It's very much like the US in that sense, the opposition party pretends to be on the "good side" (ie, no war), but the second they get into office, the roles just reverse.

I don't vote, well, not on paper.

I voted with my feet and wallet. Fuck having half my income confiscated from me to pay for bombing brown people, locking up people who have the wrong kinds of plants in their pocket, subsidising laziness, and providing shit healthcare.

kowenicki said:

How I wish Scottish independence had gone through... closely followed by Welsh to give me MY independence.

What about Northern Ireland?

kowenicki said:
man-bear-pig said:

What about Northern Ireland?

What about 'em?    Give them the vote too.  3 way vote... Independence/Irish/UK

They had one already, in the 1970s.... fairly recent if you consider Ireland was part of the UK from 1801.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
I mostly care about UKIP burning away

Are you serious? Nigel Farage is awesome! It's hilarious to watch him verbally destroy the E.U parliament leadership.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
kopstudent89 said:

Are you serious? Nigel Farage is awesome! It's hilarious to watch him verbally destroy the E.U parliament leadership.

Well yes considering that I'm one of the people he wants out of the country

Can't say I vote because the Uk doesn't really have the Isle of Man in there since our gov is formed by MHK's instead of parties, I actually prefer our MHK's to parties you have to stick with for years on end.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The Fury said:
Sharu said:

I mean... Say in the international politics. What will be the direction of it of Lib and of Tories, for example what will be the same, what - different?

You mean their Foreign Policies? Tories want to hold a Referendum on the EU (vote winning policy only), they want more powers from Brussels and want to stick with the amount of aid we give out. In this case, Labour are similar just without a referendum. Both parties have policies on immigration that if successful will mean EU membership remains in tact (the ref vote will hopefully mainly be 'Stay in EU').

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find actual information on policies on these parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29642613

The Tories have promised a vote on EU membership before and did not allow it because the vote would have been overwhelmingly yes to leave the EU. Labour are even less in favor of leaving the EU so despite the strong desire to leave the EU found within the UK (and other EU nations) they don't even pretend to respect the will of the people.

The UKIP party have had slip up's before and have kicjed such people out of their party time and time again. They have been a media kicking boy since inception. It would be very easy for either party to get rid of UKIP and that would be a referendum on EU membership.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

kopstudent89 said:

If they had a referendum of the EU either major party could get rid of UKIP.

They won't because they want EU membership and the country largely does not.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE