By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UK General Election 2015

I'll update this with relevant election news as it comes in.

Latest poll results (16/03/15): Lab: 34%, Tories: 32%, UKIP 15%, Lib Dems 8%, Greens 6%

What party are you gonna vote for? What do you think the outcome will be and what will be the implications of it? Discuss!

Around the Network

I'm not from the UK. Please can you insight me if it is any real difference in local and international politics between Lab and Tories?

Sharu said:
I'm not from the UK. Please can you insight me if it is any real difference in local and international politics between Lab and Tories?

What kinds of things do you want? 

Labour are Centre Left, Tories are Centre Right with Left spliced in. Lib Dems are Centre. UKIP are racists. Labour usually wins cities, Yorkshire and Scotland. Tories the countryside.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Sharu said:

What kinds of things do you want? 

Labour are Centre Left, Tories are Centre Right with Left spliced in. Lib Dems are Centre. UKIP are racists. Labour usually wins cities, Yorkshire and Scotland. Tories the countryside.

I mean... Say in the international politics. What will be the direction of it of Lib and of Tories, for example what will be the same, what - different?

Sharu said:

I mean... Say in the international politics. What will be the direction of it of Lib and of Tories, for example what will be the same, what - different?

You mean their Foreign Policies? Tories want to hold a Referendum on the EU (vote winning policy only), they want more powers from Brussels and want to stick with the amount of aid we give out. In this case, Labour are similar just without a referendum. Both parties have policies on immigration that if successful will mean EU membership remains in tact (the ref vote will hopefully mainly be 'Stay in EU').

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find actual information on policies on these parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29642613

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Sharu said:

You mean their Foreign Policies? Tories want to hold a Referendum on the EU (vote winning policy only), they want more powers from Brussels and want to stick with the amount of aid we give out. In this case, Labour are similar just without a referendum. Both parties have policies on immigration that if successful will mean EU membership remains in tact (the ref vote will hopefully mainly be 'Stay in EU').

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find actual information on policies on these parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29642613

Thank you for understanding and clearing my bad English!
Then I just don't understand, whats the meaning of these voting if you don't know of actual policies of the parties and also the actual actions will be more or less the same no matter what you voted for?

Sharu said:

Thank you for understanding and clearing my bad English!
Then I just don't understand, whats the meaning of these voting if you don't know of actual policies of the parties and also the actual actions will be more or less the same no matter what you voted for?

With the main parties (Tory, Labour and Lib Dems), they are all mostly centre anyway and their policies are similar because this is how our government has grown over the years. Big Parties take comfortable policies not risks. Parties like UKIP, Green, SNP and Plaid Cymru are there to scare them into making policies to meet the current climate. Immigration being a big one at the moment so Tories have outlined a lot to make sure UKIP don't hold any power at all.

Your question is one that is put to the young voters of our country every year, many people don't know the policies so don't vote. But many focus on one aspect that will benefit them. Let's say I'm buying a house but currently afford it. Labours policies on changing renting rules might appeal to me. So I'd vote them. I mean all main 3 parties want to build new houses.

This is all my view on it btw, I'm sure someone else will have differing views.

Hmm, pie.

If I was 18 it'd be Lib Dem because they semi-care about the environment, and because it would block the Tories from taking my constituency :D

I mostly care about UKIP burning away

DanRybacki said:

If I was 18 it'd be Lib Dem because they semi-care about the environment, and because it would block the Tories from taking my constituency :D

According to your profile, you are 32... :?

Hmm, pie.