By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Underrated Game of 2014

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Alien Isolation.

Around the Network

Driveclub by a mile. Wolfenstein deserved a lot more too, quality game.

Easily driveclub for me and LoftF. I love Gow and Darksiders and LotF has helped fill that void extremely well although it is a bit on the hard side.

Driveclub is simply the best racer for me in its genre. There are no its or buts.

I was going to say Bayonetta 2, but boy was that game short. I completed it within 7 hours and done most the challenges as well. I remember Bayonetta 1 being longer :-/

Driveclub and Sunset Overdrive

Drive club - would give it a 8.5-9 / 10 if I was giving it a score. Great graphics, gameplay and variety. Love it.

Around the Network

DOnkey Kong country tropical freeze hands down

Don't Starve PS4 (at least the PS4 version was a 2014 game)

Titanfall and Bayonetta 2.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

tokilamockingbrd said:

Critically- Driveclub, and its not even close. The game has what a 70? I have been playing it off and on since December (tooks a break from it to play AC:Unity, Dying Light and The Order), but it has really become my go to game. The game is 9/10 easy. Only racing games I ever played that were better (GT2-4) and those are considered masterpieces for the genre. Its not a masterpiece but it is close, if it had most customization options for vehicles it would be. A good metric for be NFS:Rivals, it has like an 80 meta, i liked it, but combared to Driveclub it is crap.

By Gamers- Destiny. A lot of people love to hate on it, but it was a very fun and addictive game that many people still play to this day and is still selling well. I still cant believe that after their own hype let them down and it was not the greatest FPS and RPG and MMO every made combined into one game they were not able to look at it objectively and see it for the very good, even great game that it is.

Commercially- Sunset Overdive. this is a simply great game full original ideas in a fun cohesive package. It is really a shame it could not sell more. It definitly deserved it.   (Runner up- Wolfenstein:TNO, I did not pick it because it sold decently but it should have sold much better based on its quality)

1. I'm for sure gonna have to check out Driveclub now. After all the updates it finally sounds like a solid game.

2. It was pretty bleh though. Was just like a mix of Halo and Borderlands, but not as good as either of those two games is individually. The co-op missions are repetitive and I was bored of them after a few. The online is the only part I could have kept playing, but wasn't really that into it. 

3. Not gonna like, I was pretty happy to see Sunset Overdrive bomb. I haven't played it or anything, but I grew to hate the game after the ridiculous amount of advertising on TV it had. When things are over-advertised, I don't care how good they are, I hate them and won't buy them. 

Here are my picks:

4- Wolfenstein: the new order. It got good reviews, but the sales were so-so, and not many players talked about. It's the best shooter game of last year with a very good and a mature plot. I can't wait for The Old Blood in May.

3- Infamous: First Light. I liked it more than Second Son, and Fetch story is more tragical than Delsin and you can connect to her. PS, the neon powers are fully used in this game. which was my favorite one in Second Son.

2- Alien: Isolation. Every horro fan was playing The Evil Within and Ignored this gem, I don't blame them since both games released within a week of each other. Not to mention the reviews where they complained about how hard is the game and it's too long to finish. I liked the game, it's very challenging and you have to outsmart your enimies. PS, Amanda Ripley is a badass just like her mother. I hope we can get a sequel, although the sales left alot to desire.

Now, the most underrated game of 2014 is the following

1- Murdered: Soul Suspect. The critics were harsh on this game. The players neevr gave this game a chanse. The sales were bad and led to the developer's bankurupt and shuting down the studio. Was the game perfect? No. Did it have flaws? Yes, but doesn't mean it was a horrible game. It has an intresting concept but lacked the polishing to get it to its true potential. If you're a fan on Quantic Dream or TellTale Games then you should give this game a try. Now, there's no point to defend this game because it's over and this game won't get a second chance to have somespotlight with the developer studio is close and can't improve over this game.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX