By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is still against annual franchises

I'm glad they don't do annual franchise releases, and that games like MK, Smash, etc. are only 'once a generation' (generally).

Bah!

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

3 radically different games.

I wish I could give you a non-Nintendo example, but non-Nintendo studios really suck at creating spin-offs it seems.

Is Mario Kart also a Zelda game? Link is in it.

No mario is not zelda just like god of war isn't lbp.  And I can think of other studios that can make good spin offs and I'm sure you could too. 

Is the Mana series Final Fantasy? 

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

The character is in it.  Another example is playstation battle royale is not god of war.  

And Mario Kart is not a Mario platformer.

I never said it was.  But he's the focal point of it.  It's part of the mario franchise. 

FentonCrackshell said:
That's a good thing. The only games that should release annually are sports games.

I disagree...sports games would be so much better if they released biannually with a 10$ roster update pack in off years. Its laughable how many bugs were in Madden games for iteration after iteration. Annualization really holds back any noticable improvements, which a lot of sports games could really use.

Traditional annualization is bad in every case I can think of

I hate when people try to count remakes/remasters in the main game count. And that goes for any franchises, not just Nintendo ones. Remakes/remasters/ports don't count.

Around the Network

It's not fair to count Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Paper Mario/Mario Tennis/Mario Platformers... under the same "Mario" franchise. They have completeley different gameplay. Nobody would say that Knack (Platformer) and Gran Turismo are from the same franchise, for example. True, the difference is that Mario games are from the same "universe". But I think there's more difference between MK/Paper Mario than between CoD/put-another-generic-"new"-IP-shooter-title-in-here.

Samus Aran said:
chocoloco said:

Talk about cherry picking. There is way more diversity in sales in games on a PS or xbox. Plus, who plays handhelds and consoles?

Me.

Oh and the games listed on the left are responsible for a huge % of the revenue earned in the gaming industry.

Should've also listed games like Fifa, MLB, Halo and Forza.

Too be fair, a lot of the games listed as third party games are also on Nintendo consoles, but do not sell well. My point is even if a lot of companies make a lot of versions of the same game, Nintendo still has the least variety of games, hence why it actually makes sense to complain about them having very similar versions of the same IPs gen after gen. 

chocoloco said:
Samus Aran said:

Me.

Oh and the games listed on the left are responsible for a huge % of the revenue earned in the gaming industry.

Should've also listed games like Fifa, MLB, Halo and Forza.

Too be fair, a lot of the games listed as third party games are also on Nintendo consoles, but do not sell well. My point is even if a lot of companies make a lot of versions of the same game, Nintendo still has the least variety of games, hence why it actually makes sense to complain about them having very similar versions of the same IPs gen after gen. 

Nintendo as a company has more variety than any other company.

No shit that thousands of gaming companies combined offer more variety than just Nintendo.

Besides cod, assassin's creed, and sports games. I can't really think of anything else that comes out yearly.

Samus Aran said:
chocoloco said:

Nintendo as a company has more variety than any other company.

No shit that thousands of gaming companies combined offer more variety than just Nintendo.

There is reason to complain about them when they do not have as many games offered each gen. The competitors ranging from PC, XB, and PS have the variety. So there is little reason to complain about them.