By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is still against annual franchises

Megami Tensei is also a yearly series, according to that logic.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (2003)
Digital Devil Saga (2004)
Digital Devil Saga 2 (2005)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (2006)
Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine (2007)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (2008)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (2009)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (2010)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (2011)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Golden and Persona Arena (2012)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (2013)
Persona Q (2014)
Persona 5 (2015)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
chocoloco said:

Talk about cherry picking. There is way more diversity in sales in games on a PS or xbox. Plus, who plays handhelds and consoles?

Me.

Oh and the games listed on the left are responsible for a huge % of the revenue earned in the gaming industry.

Should've also listed games like Fifa, MLB, Halo and Forza.

what are you talking about? people complain about halo,forza, and fifa all the time

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
Samus Aran said:

Me.

Oh and the games listed on the left are responsible for a huge % of the revenue earned in the gaming industry.

Should've also listed games like Fifa, MLB, Halo and Forza.

what are you talking about? people complain about halo,forza, and fifa all the time

I'm saying those games should've been listed on the picture as well.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

I never said it did although they're still extensions of the series.  was thinking more,  Mario Party this year,  Mario kart last year, Mario 3D the year before. 

3 radically different games.

I wish I could give you a non-Nintendo example, but non-Nintendo studios really suck at creating spin-offs it seems.

Is Mario Kart also a Zelda game? Link is in it.

No mario is not zelda just like god of war isn't lbp.  And I can think of other studios that can make good spin offs and I'm sure you could too. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

3 radically different games.

I wish I could give you a non-Nintendo example, but non-Nintendo studios really suck at creating spin-offs it seems.

Is Mario Kart also a Zelda game? Link is in it.

No mario is not zelda just like god of war isn't lbp.  And I can think of other studios that can make good spin offs and I'm sure you could too. 

Kratos is not in LBP, merely a costume of him. Link is in Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

The character is in it.  Another example is playstation battle royale is not god of war.  

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

The character is in it.  Another example is playstation battle royale is not god of war.  

And Mario Kart is not a Mario platformer.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Mario Kart has evolved, where as once it was just a simple Mario spin off, the signs have begun pointing toward Nintendo pushing it the same way of Smash Bros as less of Mario spin off and more of celebration of all things Nintendo and their primary racing series (which is horrible news for fans of F-Zero, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding and probably those that are longing for a legit sequels of Diddy Kong Racing or Kirby Air Ride). Don't be suprised when the next MK rolls around if other franchises like Kirby or some other ones alongside Link and Animal Crossing's psycho mascot the Villager.

NoirSon said:
Samus Aran said:

Mario Kart has evolved, where as once it was just a simple Mario spin off, the signs have begun pointing toward Nintendo pushing it the same way of Smash Bros as less of Mario spin off and more of celebration of all things Nintendo and their primary racing series (which is horrible news for fans of F-Zero, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding and probably those that are longing for a legit sequels of Diddy Kong Racing or Kirby Air Ride). Don't be suprised when the next MK rolls around if other franchises like Kirby or some other ones alongside Link and Animal Crossing's psycho mascot the Villager.

I wouldn't mind that. :)

That's a good thing. The only games that should release annually are sports games.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!