By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is still against annual franchises

Riverstyx said:
Besides cod, assassin's creed, and sports games. I can't really think of anything else that comes out yearly.

Skylanders, Just Dance

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

Zelda and Pokemon are both annual franchises. I'd even say that Mario is, but then you'd be going into semantics. Hell, Zelda releases two games a year sometimes. Don't know what the guy is talking about.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I love that they are annual. I can't wait more than a year for my next Zelda/Mario/Pokemon fix.

Zelda isn't really annual at all, you can technically count since 2011 we have gotten a new Zelda but it's more like this.

2011: Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time 3D (remake)

2012: Nothing

2013: A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker HD (remake)

2014: Hyrule Warriros (Spin off)

2015: Zelda Wii U, Majora's Mask 3D (remake)

Remakes and spin off's don't count, it's been bi-yearly and if you only want to count 3D Zelda's then it will be 4 years since Skyward Sword released when Zelda Wii U comes out.

As for Mario, you could say it's annual if you count all the spin offs, etc but you can if you just count the main series, the next 3D Mario platformer will probably launch in 2017, 4 years after 3D World.

Ka-pi96 said:
sc94597 said:

So people that count every version of Pokemon are a faggot but not those that count every version/spinoff of COD/MGS/GTA etc?

I was gonna ask that

OT: pokemon is sorta annual...

Teeqoz said:

I was gonna ask that

See my response to said post. Counting red/blue as different games would be equivalent to counting the GOTY edition of said games and their non-GOTY SKU's. 

sc94597 said:
Teeqoz said:

I was gonna ask that

See my response to said post. Counting red/blue as different games would be equivalent to counting the GOTY edition of said games and their non-GOTY SKU's. 

You count spin offs for Ratchet and Clank, so I might as well count Hyrule Warriors for Zelda.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
sc94597 said:

You count spin offs for Ratchet and Clank, so I might as well count Hyrule Warriors for Zelda.

I didn't make the picture, but I'm pretty sure R&C spinoffs play the same as the main games, while Hyrule Warriors is an entirely different genre. But they didn't even count spinoffs. They counted the original series and future series, both of which are main series. 

.1.1 Ratchet & Clank
1.1.2 Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
1.1.3 Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
1.1.4 Ratchet: Deadlocked
1.1.5 Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
1.2.1 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
1.2.2 Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
1.2.3 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
1.2.4 Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

^ 9 main series games.

sc94597 said:
Teeqoz said:

I didn't make the picture, but I'm pretty sure R&C spinoffs play the same as the main games, while Hyrule Warriors is an entirely different genre. But they didn't even count spinoffs. They counted the original series and future series, both of which are main series. 

If they didn't count spinoffs, then it should say 7 games (and that's counting the downloadable only Quest for Booty). And I've actually played the spinoffs, and I can assure you they don't play like the main games.

Teeqoz said:
sc94597 said:

If they didn't count spinoffs, then it should say 7 games (and that's counting the downloadable only Quest for Booty). And I've actually played the spinoffs, and I can assure you they don't play like the main games.

I listed the 9 main series games. 

.1.1 Ratchet & Clank

sc94597 said:
Teeqoz said:

I listed the 9 main series games. 

.1.1 Ratchet & Clank

Deadlocked isn't a main game at all. I'd question Size Matters, but I'll give you that.