By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is still against annual franchises

Wyrdness said:
chocoloco said:

I like Nintendo. But, they just offer the least diversity. And people will interperet the image how they do because it is a subjective thing open to a ton of ambiguity. Stop trying to say there is only your way to see the image my good man. 

The text in the image itself flat out highlights what he meant.

It is open to my interpetation too. Sorry to dissapoint you. 

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

No offence but the problem is when the point it's literally spelt out it leaves you looking a bit daft interpreting it in any other manner, the are fail videos and memes for such antics.

Wyrdness said:
chocoloco said:

No offence but the problem is when the point it's literally spelt out it leaves you looking a bit daft interpreting it in any other manner.

So emotional. 

chocoloco said:
sc94597 said:

Talk about cherry picking. There is way more diversity in sales in games on a PS or xbox. Plus, who plays handhelds and consoles?

Me.

Oh and the games listed on the left are responsible for a huge % of the revenue earned in the gaming industry.

Should've also listed games like Fifa, MLB, Halo and Forza.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

The mario series gets a bunch of games every gen. It's their biggest franchise so nintendo have expanded it.  Doesn't change the fact the likes of it and pokemon are pretty much annualised.  It's not a negative btw.  I'm saying that some of their franchises get a lot of games but others don't get enough.  

I'm sorry, but that's like saying The Simpsons is the Tracey Ullman show.

If the show was called The Simpson: Tracey Ullman edition then maybe. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

I'm sorry, but that's like saying The Simpsons is the Tracey Ullman show.

Donkey Kong Country isn't called Mario, nor is Yoshi's Woolly World or Captain Toad.

Mario doesn't feature in any of these (upcoming) games.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Donkey Kong Country isn't called Mario, nor is Yoshi's Woolly World or Captain Toad.

I never said it did although they're still extensions of the series.  was thinking more,  Mario Party this year,  Mario kart last year, Mario 3D the year before. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said it did although they're still extensions of the series.  was thinking more,  Mario Party this year,  Mario kart last year, Mario 3D the year before. 

3 radically different games.

I wish I could give you a non-Nintendo example, but non-Nintendo studios really suck at creating spin-offs it seems.

Is Mario Kart also a Zelda game? Link is in it.

chocoloco said:
Wyrdness said:

No offence but the problem is when the point it's literally spelt out it leaves you looking a bit daft interpreting it in any other manner.

So emotional. 

I imagine you must have been to come up with those posts.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

3 radically different games.

I wish I could give you a non-Nintendo example, but non-Nintendo studios really suck at creating spin-offs it seems.

A good example is Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. mainline Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Main Series spinoffs like X-2 or XIII-2/XIII-3, Kingdom Hearts, Mana, The 4 Heroes of Light, etc, etc. It is like saying, we get Rise of Mana, and Circle of Mana two years in a row, therefore  Final Fantasy is a yearly series.