By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Type-1 teased at end of Type-0 HD

JGarret said:
VXIII said:

Anyways, just to say something relevant to the topic. I'm having a good time with Type-0 HD, much more fun than I expected. There are a lot of things that I can criticize but I expected as much, it is a Psp game afterall. Type-1 with improvements would be more than welcome.

Would you mind sharing what your main criticisms are?...I´m really interested in the game and I´m always looking for opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Sure. Take into consideration that I'm only 3 hours in. So my take on the game might not be comprehensive.

Type-0 has fragmented storytelling that unfolds by selection of quests, each quest requires a passage of time before you will be able to start it. To make time pass, you talk to voiceless and lifeless NPCs. Even in real-time cutscenes the characters don't move around and interact with each other naturally. They talk and make gestures (without attention to lip syncing), then the screen goes black, then the characters appear again but in a different position, they talk... Etc.

A lot of loading screens, each door you enter is followed by a load time. Even within within the cutscenes. The game in general is fragmented with no "flow" to it.

The amount of enemies on the screen is lacking so far, the behavior of the camera during battle is confusing. Flat environments. Below average animations for the characters.. And many more of those small things.

The gameplay is fun. A lot of characters with different fighting styles. A good variety in abilities and skills. Summons are great too.

This is what I have so far.

Around the Network

TBH I am more excited for XVI. Fack if they could take Agni's philosophy and make a game out of it I would cream in my pants

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Spoiler, thanks alot

VXIII said:
JGarret said:

Would you mind sharing what your main criticisms are?...I´m really interested in the game and I´m always looking for opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Sure. Take into consideration that I'm only 3 hours in. So my take on the game might not be comprehensive.

Type-0 has fragmented storytelling that unfolds by selection of quests, each quest requires a passage of time before you will be able to start it. To make time pass, you talk to voiceless and lifeless NPCs. Even in real-time cutscenes the characters don't move around and interact with each other naturally. They talk and make gestures (without attention to lip syncing), then the screen goes black, then the characters appear again but in a different position, they talk... Ect

A lot of loading screens, each door you enter is followed by a load time, within the cutscenes. The game in general is fragmented with no "flow" to it.

The amount of enemies on the screen is lacking so far, the behavior of the camera during battle is confusing. Flat environments. Below average animations for the characters.. And many more of those small things.

The gameplay is fun. A lot of characters with different fighting styles. A good variety in abilities and skills. Summons are great too.

I was really interested in this game but damn, everything you just said sounds really off putting. They couldn't even eliminate the abundant loading screens on a PSP port?

Angelus said:
VXIII said:

Type-0 has fragmented storytelling that unfolds by selection of quests, each quest requires a passage of time before you will be able to start it. To make time pass, you talk to voiceless and lifeless NPCs. Even in real-time cutscenes the characters don't move around and interact with each other naturally. They talk and make gestures (without attention to lip syncing), then the screen goes black, then the characters appear again but in a different position, they talk... Ect

A lot of loading screens, each door you enter is followed by a load time, within the cutscenes. The game in general is fragmented with no "flow" to it.

I was really interested in this game but damn, everything you just said sounds really off putting. They couldn't even eliminate the abundant loading screens on a PSP port?

Sorry about that

It seems to be a lazy port so far. But hey, the gameplay is GOOD. I pay attention to the smallest of details. I'm certain that many people won't be bothered with many things that bother me. I suggest you wait for the reviews.

Again, the game is fun to play.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

I'm sure the game itself is great, but it is a port nonetheless, and unless they remade the entire thing the loading times will remain the same

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ah thats awesome to hear. I remember reading Tabata wanted to turn this into a series to complement the main series games. Hopefully the sales of Type-0 HD are really strong to show promise for the future of the Type series on home consoles

From what i played of type-0, i really dont want anymore. Its pretty much a monster hunter clone in FF paint.

Though i hear they are rebalancing it for console releases. I still dont trust it though. I'm pretty much done with hunting games.

Nem said:
From what i played of type-0, i really dont want anymore. Its pretty much a monster hunter clone in FF paint.

Though i hear they are rebalancing it for console releases. I still dont trust it though. I'm pretty much done with hunting games.

Being a PSP game it was common to steal the MH formula. I think if they continue the series, especially on home consoles it might open up a bit more to be more like a mainline FF but still an Action RPG... and obviously not as pretty as FFXV.

ktay95 said:
Ah thats awesome to hear. I remember reading Tabata wanted to turn this into a series to complement the main series games. Hopefully the sales of Type-0 HD are really strong to show promise for the future of the Type series on home consoles

If Amazon is any indication Type-0 won't have any problem getting good sales.