By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Type-1 teased at end of Type-0 HD

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

What does that make XV then?

Uuuuh... a regular official main game? Bigger scope, lots of familiar elements. Compare Type 0 and FFXV and tell me which is farer from the main games?

I would compare them but I know pretty much nothing about Type 0... at least not until next week

But Type-0 is a Hack&Slash game as well

You shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

I would compare them but I know pretty much nothing about Type 0... at least not until next week

I'm surprised you're buying Type 0. Weren't you saying in another thread that a FF without turn based combat is an abomination that doesn't deserve the name FF? lol

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
I read an interview recently where the director hinted at there being a lot more FF Types to come. Like FF Type games being the official spinoffs where they play with new gameplay ideas.

More FF is always more good.

What does that make XV then?

A spin off forced to be a mainline title due to its drawn out budget and crazy hype. After XIII and linear gate square were probably happy to make it mainline due to its scope and ambition.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So this teaser wasn't in the PSP version of the game?

Nope, it wasn't there.

Could be a spin off or it could be connected. Type-0 did leave some questions unanswered.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So this teaser wasn't in the PSP version of the game?

Nope, I think they added some more new scenes in the HD remaster and new music to go with them.

Around the Network

I need to play type 0 before I confirm to be happy or sad about this but my general notion is that direct sequels have been to the damage of Final Fantasy

Ka-pi96 said:
VXIII said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But Type-0 is a Hack&Slash game as well

You shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Don't care, it's a spinoff so the genre doesn't matter and I love some Hack & Slash games (been playing Dynasty Warriors all day )

Ah the genre doesn't matter.

You love H&S but for some reason XV "looks like crap" to you....  Because it is not a spinoff..? If it was a spinoff, it would stop looking "like crap" and you would be able to give it a chance and enjoy it?

Wow

VXIII said:

You love H&S but for some reason XV "looks like crap" to you....  Because it is not a spinoff..? If it was a spinoff, it would stop looking "like crap" and you would be able to give it a chance and enjoy it?

Wow

Dude, don't even bother honestly...

Ka-pi96 said:
VXIII said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Don't care, it's a spinoff so the genre doesn't matter and I love some Hack & Slash games (been playing Dynasty Warriors all day )

Wow

Well, like I said earlier I know pretty much nothing about Type-0. It's a spinoff so I don't care about looking it up before release, I'm not hyped at all, I have no expectations so can't be disappointed. For a mainline game I'm full of expectations...

Yeah, I encourage you to watch a brief gameplay footage for Type-0. I assure you, it wouldn't look "like crap". It is a spinoff afterall. And that matters a lot. Expectations alone make a genre extremely enjoyable or "look like crap". I mean, a genre you love just stops being enjoyable because you have high expectations... Logic percentage = 0%

If rumors are true, Hiroyuki Ito is working on Final Fantasy XVI. So that leaves Hajime Tabata free to develop Type-1.