By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ will be required for online gaming on PS Vita

Ka-pi96 said:
Probably China only.

Pretty much this, Not sure there is a Vita game I play online... Lbp communities was the last I guess about a year ago. rest is all ad-hoc or just single player goodness.

Only worry I would have is a possible drop of the Vita from psn+ games, has made me slightly reserved about buying a 365 day sub card for mine, just running on 3 month subs from the store.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Well i hope its a mistakr cause im rrally hesitating now. I wouldnt want to pay for online service

spemanig said:

Lol, there's no way this is true. Sony isn't that stupid.

Then again, I'm sure this won't effect the majority of Vita fans, as I find it hard to believe that the Vita has the most thriving online community.

Well now :^)

clearly a mistake.
you will get a vita for free with ps plus, just a translation error.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Most people with a vita probably have ps+ anyway, digital games are a pain in the ass without it.

You can't delete a game without also deleting it's saved data unless you upload to your ps+ cloud so unless you have a 32gb card or don't play many games you're buggered without ps+.

I've never played online multiplayer on my vita anyway.

Around the Network

I hope this is a mistake. Restricting free features unter a paywall it's a scam. Paying for online it's a scam in my opinion, but if you take it away from a device that was free at the beginning, that's false advertisement.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

spemanig said:

Lol, there's no way this is true. Sony isn't that stupid.

Then again, I'm sure this won't effect the majority of Vita fans, as I find it hard to believe that the Vita has the most thriving online community.

How is it stupid?

The Vita can't sell any worse and it's a few extra bucks in Sony's pocket.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hope for China only.

Darwinianevolution said:
I hope this is a mistake. Restricting free features unter a paywall it's a scam. Paying for online it's a scam in my opinion, but if you take it away from a device that was free at the beginning, that's false advertisement.

It's how I've always seen paying for online, I don't know why people even bother to argue against free>paid, there is no arguing what was free in the first place is somehow being weaker and less than paying for it, I've enjoyed years of playing online for free on my PC, I'm enjoying the fact that 3DS has free online and so does the Wii U, I don't ever see a reason to pay to play online let alone paying for something that was/should be free in the first place, people will argue for it but they won't be right.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Probably china only but I think they should. Get an extra few million from it per year. The console has no long term future and they could always stop it after a few years.