By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ will be required for online gaming on PS Vita

No mistake about it. Sony wants to kill the Vita fast and forget about it (Oh wait! That already happened)

But seriously, it could be just a requirement on Toukiden Kiwami since it has a PS4 counterpart. Too make it fair and all (maybe)

Edit: Is this a store in mainland China?

Around the Network
tiffac said:

No mistake about it. Sony wants to kill the Vita fast and forget about it (Oh wait! That already happened)

But seriously, it could be just a requirement on Toukiden Kiwami since it has a PS4 counterpart. Too make it fair and all (maybe)

Official Playstation Store on Tmall(China Mainland's Ebay and is no doubt a much better version of Ebay).

mymuro said:
tiffac said:

Official Playstation Store on Tmall(China Mainland's Ebay and is no doubt a much better version of Ebay).

Oh! Then Sony is killing the Vita. They want it dead on arrival in China. lol!

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
Probably china only but I think they should. Get an extra few million from it per year. The console has no long term future and they could always stop it after a few years.

I doubt they would get much from it at all. Not many people have Vita's in the first place, then not many Vita games have online play either. Besides that, I'd assume many of the Vita owners who would play online already have PS+ because of the free games or because they have a PS4 so the new subscriptions it would get would be very limited.

Good point.  Especially when you consider all the games ps plus gives them 

Psplus is rubbish. U own the games as long as ur a member. So their not your games.

I want to play online thats all. And i dont buy digital games. Reason os the vita encrypted sd card

Around the Network
mymuro said:

Info from official Sony store on Tmall.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.4-b.w5003-10340570513.1.t5Bqig&id=44176457124&scene=taobao_shop

When will this policy come to the rest of the world? March 20? Next system update?

Or this is just another we Chinese deserved unfair treatment drama?

the game also has a PS4 version, that part of the description might just have been falsely copy/pasted

Semmie said:
Psplus is rubbish. U own the games as long as ur a member. So their not your games.

I want to play online thats all. And i dont buy digital games. Reason os the vita encrypted sd card

Right they're just going to give out thousands of dollars worth of games for $50. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Surely if you have ps+ from ps4, you can log in using that to get online on the psvita?

Semmie said:
Im going to skip it for sure now. Better to take the certain 3ds then the doubtfull psvita online pay.
I find sony dissapointing. Ive been waiting to long for games. And order1886 butfucked me big time. Purchased wiiu. Free online and games are bad ass. I already advertised it to sell it. 3ds will be my next.

Strange how i got in the hype of ps4 and ended up hating it.

The best combo i guess is wiiu 3ds and xbone.

Only time will tell. But ontopic this rumor has got me worried cause i know sony can actually do this. Its not a loyal act. I appreciated ps3 cause it was free. So i took it over 360.

What a pitty indeed. As a sega fan i hate to say it. But nintendo does it right. If only peeps new how they get ripped. Game 80 Euro. Dlc 15 plus 15 plus 15. Oh no micro. 2.99.
Come on guys where is this going to?

so you want to switch to the Xbox who had always online pay to play?

Lafiel said:
mymuro said:

Info from official Sony store on Tmall.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.4-b.w5003-10340570513.1.t5Bqig&id=44176457124&scene=taobao_shop

When will this policy come to the rest of the world? March 20? Next system update?

Or this is just another we Chinese deserved unfair treatment drama?

the game also has a PS4 version, that part of the description might just have been falsely copy/pasted

Unlike Dynasty Warrior, they dont have PS4 version listed. Mistake or not, we'll see in a week.