By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What gains your respect on VGchartz?

the use of logic and the provision of a good laugh is what gains people my respect

Around the Network

Devotion to the site, above all things.

Those who update the site, and especially, can do it well, get the most respect out of anyone on this site for me.

The people who bring humor laughter to me.
Not just the post count though that does give you a different title.
Mods aswell
cuz they keep the site in order

MontanaHatchet said:

Those who update the site, and especially, can do it well, get the most respect out of anyone on this site for me.

True, And I just will update more, everyone is playing Brawl so =p.

Crap I need 100 posts =/.

How they treat other people and how the treat the site. I could completly agree with everything you say but if your a douchebag, I won't care.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
kenzomatic said:
How they treat other people and how the treat the site. I could completly agree with everything you say but if your a douchebag, I won't care.

I agree, but I have to add, I also look at how someone respond to other's post. Debate in a sensible manner, even though I disagree with you bitterly, you will have my respect.

Resorting to name-calling, even if you are right, it's not saying much at all.

Also, witty post and fun references are kinda important too. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

as long as they arent an arrogant fanboy and they dont constanly spam...and make outrageously stupid comments....its all good

Usually respect is earned from me by someone who understands their bias, but can also acknowledge when their console of choice screws something up, or a competing console does something well. It's ok to be a fanboy...but you have to understand that not everyone thinks like you.

Erm, nothing?

I generally start with respect for all people, no need to randomly insult or belittle them, fair way to be treated. Then, if they do something stupid, I call them on it (Unless under the age of 17. Then it's just youth). If they defend themselves poorly (See Ari_Gold's "it's my opinion" defence on something that wasn't opinion related going by any common definition), they lose respect and it takes time to gain it back. If they have a reason, then I feel like an idiot or at least more enlightened and get a better understanding of their perspective.

For those who say humor gains respect, what about Rodney Dangerfield?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Cheetos1 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

True, And I just will update more, everyone is playing Brawl so =p.

Crap I need 100 posts =/.

hey, Thanks for making your sig short. +5 in respect rating in my book. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)