By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What gains your respect on VGchartz?

Strange Griffin I thought we had a wonderful vibe, but I seem to be all that you despise. I use no avatar, and I have no signature. I like a spartan demeanor and don't want to be judged on a picture or a pasted whimsical comment. I suppose since I am beneath your contempt I should let my respect for you evaporate.

You should treat everyone with respect, but few are worthy of respect. There is a distinct difference you can treat a mad third world dictator with respect even though he slaughters tens of thousands of innocent civilians. He isn't worthy of your respect however. Statistically speaking one poster on these forums is a murderer. Perhaps three are rapists. Perhaps a dozen are dead beats. You get the idea a lot of posters on these forums aren't actually worthy of respect.

I treat every poster with respect unless they are vile or evil. I think most everyone follows that standard. Those that I truly respect are the ones that think long and hard before they speed type out a post. You can tell who those posters are they have good verbal skills. The writing flows, and they have strong presentation structure. Great posters are about human connection rather then verbal sparring.

There are a few fantastic posters on these forums, and the best most notable are the ones that lay out their respect when they see a wonderful, witty, and intelligent post. Not the alpha male posts where five posters just show up to agree, because it serves what amounts to their militant needs. No I am talking about laying out respect for a unique presentation or a unique perspective.

Around the Network

1.- Speak Spanish

2.- Love SSBB

3.- Love Pokemon                                                                                                                                                          

4.- Love Nintendo

5.- Made me laugh

6.- Write good post

Regarding my last post, yes gurock i did read what you said because you quoted me. And dodece i do read what you say because you are a long time member and i recognize your name when i'm reading threads.

But there are lots of people that only post a couple times or come here to spam and most of them don't have an avatar or have under 100posts. By not reading posts by these type of people i can cut down on my time reading these forums.

^^^ I guess i dont respect people with fakes profile views...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Everything above is okay,but the real way to gain respect on vgchartz is being my friend thats the only way you will gain respect.

jk.

Around the Network

@ctk495 i will be your friend

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

@Sherlock99
cool i have a new friend.

I respect people that write relevant and good posts, that contributes to the discussion (or what the thread is about) - posts that not only are there to increase someone's post count.

kingofwale said:
I think it's unfair to dislike someone for being a fanboy.

Who here can honestly say they aren't at all? Seriously, biases is in our blood, it's what makes us human, Don't deny something so basic.

As long as you can back yourself up with sensible debate, that's cool with me.

Quoted for truth. We are members of a site devoted to video games sales numbers. That pretty much makes all of us fanboys. We just have to be reasonal and behave.

i think it was my ability to have a pic for every thread created, such as.....