By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i have never bought a Kirby game so why start now? They just don't look that appealing.

Around the Network
Panther111 said:

No EU release in sight, and mismatched release dates arent always good for business, cough "watch dogs" cough.

So why do you think consumers didnt show interest for the game? 26k opening week is a betrayal, there are far more nintendo fans than that, so even the most loyal consumers let it pass.

what do you think are some possible reasons it flopped?

what are the reasons you didnt pick it up, nor showed any interest?

:" was nintendo treating it as filler material? Are even nintendo fans tired of 2d platformers? (Captain toad did well, and its not 2d) 

:" was it mostly a visual experiment on nintendos part?

Btw, i consider myself a nintendo fan, and enjoyed canvas curse, but still no real interest for this.

let me hear your thoughts!

As expected, I love kirby but I'm not going to buy a touch screen game. Yeah maybe the game is great and polished, the graphics are really cute... but I hate touch screen games. It's a nice little game while we wait for the big guns, so Nintendo is not expecting much.

Areym said:

It's a game that came in with little to no hype or marketing for that matter and sales clearly reflected that. I think dark days are ahead for the Kirby franchise.

Dark Days ahead? Plssssss..... Lets begin by breaking this into 2 parts! HERE WE GO!!!

P1

Rainbow Curse is a Spin Off game, also sort of sequel of Canvas Curse a DS game that sold 720k lifetime. Its a budget release title not to mention its on WiiU. 

As of Sales/Shipments, it should be over 100k lifetime now and will be over 200k easily. This game will probably be between 300k-400k lifetime. Dont factor in only 1st week sales because you'll regret it like many did with the last Kirby game back in May (40k FW but sold/shipped over 350k so far).

P2

Calling Dark Days? Have you even seen sales of the past games after Canvas Curse? (the game thats like this).

Kirby Squeak Squad (1.9mil+)

Kirby SS Ultra (2.8mil+)

Kirby Epic Yarn (1.5mil+) [This might be over 2mil actually]

Kirby Return to Dreamland (1.5mil+)

Kirby Mass Attack (900k+)

Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection (600k+)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (1.7mil+) and still selling

Kirby Rainbow Curse (100k+) [Estimate Lifetime 300k+]

What Dark Days again???

Not my kind of game I guess.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

It's too early to say but we should keep an eye out for the sales of Mario Party soon. If that does bad it's a problem with the platform and not the game.

Hopefully npd give us some solid numbers.

Around the Network

Calling Dark Days? Have you even seen sales of the past games after Canvas Curse? (the game thats like this).

Kirby Squeak Squad (1.9mil+)

Kirby SS Ultra (2.8mil+)

Kirby Epic Yarn (1.5mil+) [This might be over 2mil actually]

Kirby Return to Dreamland (1.5mil+)

Kirby Mass Attack (900k+)

Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection (600k+)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (1.7mil+) and still selling

Kirby Rainbow Curse (100k+) [Estimate Lifetime 300k+]

What Dark Days again???

Epic Yarn is already over 2m actually 

300k? Tbone, have you think that this game is not even released on Europe yet? Seeing Triple Deluxe going to its 2nd million sold after the fw flop, I can´t see this game under 500K.

Skullwaker said:
oniyide said:
whoops, you're right but i digress i think they need to go back to a classical style, I mean on consoles. (no im not talking a collection of old games, im thinking almost like a DKC returns but for Kirby)

Last gen they released an unconventional Kirby (Epic Yarn) and a traditional one (Return to Dreamland) on the Wii, so I assume they'll do the same thing with the Wii U.

I hope so. I played epic Yarn it was aight. Never got around to return.

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

whoops, you're right but i digress i think they need to go back to a classical style, I mean on consoles. (no im not talking a collection of old games, im thinking almost like a DKC returns but for Kirby)

thats not for the WIi U though. A classical Kirby would have done better for WIi U is all im saying. 

I'm willing to bet at least 95% of Wii U owners didn't even know this game was out... has anyone even seen any advertising for it?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

thats not for the WIi U though. A classical Kirby would have done better for WIi U is all im saying. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7133450

Look what you posted, You didnt say anything about WiiU. Kirby Return to Dreamland came out about 3 years ago and just had a traditional one on 3ds less than a year ago.

yes i agree with a classic kirby doing better, no body doubts that. But They did make 2 traditional kirbys in the last 3.5 years (1 console/1HH).

I suspect a kirby traditional game maybe end of wiiu life (2017ish)