By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Get the Order then talk about diminishing returns

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I agree with your assessment on the PS home menu. It's messy and disorganized.

I suggest you buy the following.

Infamous second son, metal Gear solid ground zeroes, metro redux (this especially), resogun, driveclub, battlefield 4, killzone, far cry 4 and shadow of mordor.

Some of these are light years ahead of your average ps4 game.

I don't even think I'll mess with the PS4. I will most likely just upgrade my PC and ride that out with my Wii U for the rest of the generation. Sony hasn't shown me much of anything this generation that will make me buy a PS4.

mii-gamer said:
I agree with your assessment on the PS home menu. It's messy and disorganized.

I really like both the ps3 and the ps4 menu.  

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Do you know how many fighting games I own?  There is nothing in the last of us that is more difficult than linking 3 of Kazuya's EWGFs in a full tag combo, complete with a bound -- in an actual match.

I know. But a certain thread here recently showed that VGChartz doesn't have a lot of fondness for fighting games. You know... fighting games are just simple 2D button-mashers while TLOU is a very complex, immersive and breathtaking open-world experience and yadda yadda. That would inevitably come (but I probably jinxed it for mentioning it).

You mean the very thread I made?  Anyway, I mean in terms of real difficulty.  Fighting games are mind exersizes, not action-adventurers for thoses with short attention spans.  Last of us doesn't have that type of stuff.  Just go from point A to point B.  The game isn't scary.  The story has a cliche (this person has been bit and is the key to survival!)... and... guns.  Shoot shoot shoot.  Point and press a button.... Outside of that, it does everything each and every single other action game has done.  Throw a bomb, shoot, run behind cover and punch.  There's one button for each of those.

Burning Typhoon said:
mZuzek said:

I know. But a certain thread here recently showed that VGChartz doesn't have a lot of fondness for fighting games. You know... fighting games are just simple 2D button-mashers while TLOU is a very complex, immersive and breathtaking open-world experience and yadda yadda. That would inevitably come (but I probably jinxed it for mentioning it).

You mean the very thread I made?  Anyway, I mean in terms of real difficulty.  Fighting games are mind exersizes, not action-adventurers for thoses with short attention spans.  Last of us doesn't have that type of stuff.  Just go from point A to point B.  The game isn't scary.  The story has a cliche (this person has been bit and is the key to survival!)... and... guns.  Shoot shoot shoot.  Point and press a button.... Outside of that, it does everything each and every single other action game has done.  Throw a bomb, shoot, run behind cover and punch.  There's one button for each of those.

It sounds like gaming has run its course with you.  You've lost your love for the game.  I'd say you need a few years away.  Probably burnt out.  

I'm with ya. Word of advice: probably don't swap it for the Xbox One like I did. It's no better. If you're going to get rid of it then invest the money in a decent GPU. If you don't have a gaming PC then build one.

Oh the Wii U is pretty fun too if you're looking for fresh, fun experiences.

Kerotan said:
Burning Typhoon said:

It sounds like gaming has run its course with you.  You've lost your love for the game.  I'd say you need a few years away.  Probably burnt out.  

Perhaps the game is not his type of game, or it could be a statement of how some games currently are compared to earlier times..? ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I find the menu easy enough to use when I'm in a rut, i.e. playing the same couple of games over a long span of time, but it does get a bit niggly when I'm rooting around for a more obscure title that's tucked away in my library. Not sure what could be done to fix it, though, as I'd find a tile-based list of all the titles, like in the Library section, very cluttered, and I DO like how my most recently used things are the first one on my list. Maybe more customization options with regards to how you want your layout to be would help those with different tastes.

My biggest issue with the console was that its wireless adapter was just teeeeerrible, shoddy connection. But now have it plugged into an Ethernet cable, so all's good on that end.

Do think you should at least look into what Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is, though, even if just Youtubing a few videos. Don't get me wrong, you might not be interested in it anyway, but think of the games you might be missing out on because you didn't even bother to look! =O Heck, I even look over fighting, military shooters and racing games when they come out, despite the fact that ninety-five percent of the games in those genres just spawn no interest in my soul whatsoever. Still find the occasional gem, however, which helps all the more during the release droughts. ^.^

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.