By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 2015 vs Wii 2008

How's the thread?

Decent thread 3 33.33%

Interesting 3 33.33%

Boring, please die 3 33.33%

Total:9

The Wii was an almighty beast, none can tame it! Not even the PS4!

Around the Network

Wii will win this comparison, of course. And next year I don't think PS4 will come close to Wii's 2009 too (it did more than 21m).

Wii's 2010 (17m or so) vs PS4's 2017 is the best the chance for the PS4 actually.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Will be interesting to see how much the ps4 losses by.

Tagged.

kljesta64 said:
leo-j said:
399 vs 249

powerful console vs not so powerful console

No, normal console vs casual magnet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
kljesta64 said:
leo-j said:
399 vs 249

powerful console vs not so powerful console

No, normal console vs casual magnet.

And let's not forget the japan home console market that was healthier in 2008. 

Around the Network

I will be curious to see the Wii 2010 comparison with the PS4 2017 comparison. The Wii peaked in 08, 09 was still strong but it really started to slow in 10. I think the PS4 will peak in 17 (maybe 16)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Yeah Wii got MK and Wii Fit in April and May. So nothing will compete with the impact of those two

Still very exited to see what PlayStation Vue does for PS4. I know of at least 14 people that are planning to buy one once the service hits just to get off of Comcast. That does not even include the people I know that are planning on grabbing a couple more for other rooms of the house. PS Vue is by far the biggest killer app I have ever seen on PlayStation amoung the more casual or non gamers amongst my family, friends, and co-workers.

I can see PS Vue and $100 price cut at E3 making this a very interesting battle. Add in the fact we have Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Persona, and so many other AAA frachises coming this year, and Sony has every base covered.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

The Wii was a beast for the short while that it lasted. I'm sure some people were even predicting that it would beat the PS2.

kopstudent89 said:
Yeah Wii got MK and Wii Fit in April and May. So nothing will compete with the impact of those two

Don't forget Brawl in March. 

Signature goes here!