By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will Sony cut price for the first time and how much?

When and how much?

Summer (E3 to Gamescom) by $50 46 19.09%

Summer by $100 11 4.56%

Fall by (After Gamescom till November) $50 30 12.45%

Fall by $100 21 8.71%

Holiday (November or December) by $50 48 19.92%

Holiday by $100 17 7.05%

Q1 2016 by $50 22 9.13%

Q1 2016 by $100 4 1.66%

Later 2016 by $50 31 12.86%

Later 2016 by $100 11 4.56%

Total:241

I'm going for the bold prediction of $100 in q3/4. But I actually think $50 in summer is more likely. It think Sony will have plenty up its sleeve to do some sweet deals during the holidays. So as far as permanent price cuts go they only really need to go 50. But I voted 100 because I'd like to see what happens both in terms of PS4 sales and MS's response.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

gonna go with fall by $100.

People voting saying fall 2016 are nuts...No console will go past year two without a cut, sony has said install base more important then profit, and ps4 was made with fast price cuts in mind It will happen this year..

If they prefer marketshare above all, before sales at current price drop too much to grant an easy leadership, if they prefer profit, anyway not so late to kill the machine, but possibly when costs allow it without losing on HW, so most probably simultaneously with a major redesign, the first Slim model.
If they keep on doing the right things and they are lucky as they were up until now this gen, the two things could keep on coinciding.
My guess is a $100 drop during Q1 2016 or later.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

announced at E3 or gamescon and by 100 dollar/euro. probably gamecom moreso than E3. ...closer to the holiday and has some recent historical precedence to it.

Around the Network

The Vita will get a price cut of $5 this month.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Most likely scenario, Sony announces a $50 pricecut at E3. Bold prediction is a $100 pricecut and a $350 MGSV: TPP bundle.

I somehow doubt it's gonna be cut by $100 anytime soon. $50 off by the holidays seems most likely, unless it suddenly starts to lose it's traction before then. Considering how well it's been doing, despite an early dry spell, there's really no reason for Sony to cut it by much, if at all.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

vivster said:
As soon as people stop buying that thing at $400.

This.

The PS5 Exists. 

Probably when slim comes out. I assume it is hard for them to do so. They are doing so well, why bother? I think they are saving it up for the holidays. XB1 can't go lower than $350, if the Sony matches it in price and maybe the new model, Sony could easily retake the US on holiday season.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian