By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Obama's Continued War on Human Rights

sc94597 said:
It doesn't matter really what he's trying to do.. There is a high demand for personal gun ownership in the U.S. There is a high supply of guns in the U.S. There is a large political movement for personal gun ownership in the U.S. Obama is constrained here.

Yeah, it's amusing to see people framing this as The Supreme Leader Obama vs the poor, down-trodden gun industry.  I like guns, have a couple in the house, doesn't mean I can't be concerned about the number of guns in circulation in the US, or the number of deaths per year to gun violence.  Personally, I don't have the answer, but, we at least have to be open to talking about it.   There's a dangerously large number of knee-jerk reactionaries in the US...not exactly the group of people I'd want being armed to the teeth.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
mornelithe said:

From what?  Is your avg citizen running into allot of situations with criminals wearing body armor?

What does it matter if the gun in question can pierce body armor? Rifles are used in a very slim margin of crimes, so why is the government so desperate to ban them? The whole point of the 2nd amendment was to protect ourselves from a potentailly tryanical governement.

There is no chance in hell that civilians could compete against the American military...that purpose is extremely outdated and fairly ridiculous in the modern context.

You people need to relize that there is a black market
so if guns are outlawed then people in chicago/detroit/etc. are screwed

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

spurgeonryan said:
I am tired of the children of America dying, also if it were not for guns Robin Williams may still be with us. I hate guns, hope he bans all gun ownership before he is out of office.

if he did that the next president would 100% be republican and the gun ban immediatly revoked

the majority of americans still love their guns

spurgeonryan said:
I am tired of the children of America dying, also if it were not for guns Robin Williams may still be with us. I hate guns, hope he bans all gun ownership before he is out of office.

LMAO, is this a serious comment? Didn't that dude hang himself, how would banning guns had changed that? I hate a lotof things, doesn't mean they should be banned.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
mornelithe said:

From what?  Is your avg citizen running into allot of situations with criminals wearing body armor?

What does it matter if the gun in question can pierce body armor? Rifles are used in a very slim margin of crimes, so why is the government so desperate to ban them? The whole point of the 2nd amendment was to protect ourselves from a potentailly tryanical governement.

There is no chance in hell that civilians could compete against the American military...that purpose is extremely outdated and fairly ridiculous in the modern context.

Radical Afghanis, Iraqis, and Vietanamese seemed to do fine. There is such a thing called guerilla warfare, and some of the most prominent powers have arisen through this (see China.) 

sundin13 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
mornelithe said:

Do you believe that the American military would turn on it's own citizens? better yet our military couldn't even defeat a small nubmer of terrorists in Afghanistan, I like our chances in a scenario involving a tyrannical governement happened

Well I don't think there should be a constitutional right to own guns. So I applaud any effort to circumvent such a ridiculous and outdated part of the constitution. However if there is lying involved that isn't cool.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Well I don't think there should be a constitutional right to own guns. So I applaud any effort to circumvent such a ridiculous and outdated part of the constitution. However if there is lying involved that isn't cool.

What is your stance on the fourth amendment? 

binary solo said:

Say guns are banned

what if these killers go to the black market to get them

how could I defend myself if they break into my house with a gun?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3