By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Obama's Continued War on Human Rights

Nettles said:
ps4tw said:

Yeah I just noticed that change. It's insane. It's amazing how many people die a year from gun violence in the US, and yet they seem to think that carrying around something made for military warfare is not just a good idea, but your right as a person. Well personally I don't want my next stroll in the park to end up being a real-life version of TimeCrisis, but that's just me...

How many die to gun violence compared to motor vehicle accidents?

Are you afraid of driving a car or crossing the road too?

Gun violence is way down in the past 30 years, go look at the numbers.

Flawless logic.

Point of a car - to get from place A to place B.
Point of a gun - to kill someone.

There's a reason why when someone dies in a car crash it's called an accident. Not "I accidently shot the man three times and took his wallet. My bad, I meant to just holster the thing".

However you have demonstrated fantastically how getting Americans to look at guns sensibly will be nearly impossible as it's now so embedded in your culture, you compare it to everyday, normal and safe items rather than looking at it with perspective.

Around the Network

AR 15s should be illegal. The only guns that should be legal are shotguns and hunting rifles. Hunting deer with an AR15 would be like "hunting" deer behind a deer blind parked next to a deer feeder.  I don't even believe pistols should be legal.  Shotguns and hunting rifles for the people that like to hunt animals (that aren't human) are the only guns that should be legal.  If you need a gun to carry with you to feel safe in public then you are a pussy.

sethnintendo said:

If you need a gun to carry with you to feel safe in public then you are a pussy.

Or a woman who fears being raped and/or murdered. Or a smaller person who was not gifted with nature in that area. Seriously....

I hope you're never in a situation in which you are overpowered physically, and are helpless and wished you had a gun to protect you. At those moments pride and care about "pussyness" go out the window. 

mornelithe said:
Justagamer said:
The ultimate goal is to disarm america. For obvious reasons too. I am a gun owner, and I want it to remain that way.

Please elaborate.

Isn't it obvious? To enslave all 250+ mio. US-americans, put them in labor camps where they are forced to make big rocks into tiny rocks for the amusement of the upper 10.000 who live in their newly built ginormous mansions made out of tiny rocks, drinking crystal all day long and dwell in fond memories of how they duped the little man, taking away his mighty weapons which spew fire and death, and how finally, after a long period of time and meticulous planning their devilish scheme came to fruition. Duh.

Hunting Season is done...

Eesh, i came in to change the title from "human rights" back to "gun rights" and see that the thread has gone off the rails in several other dimensions.

We're done here, i think.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.