By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Obama's Continued War on Human Rights

I'll never understand how much the USA love their guns.

Around the Network

I just love watching you gun nuts and gun haters argue with each other. Humans are barbaric animals. They _will_ always find ways to kill each other. On the flip side, some weapons are just well beyond what the founding fathers ever considered as a weapon of self defense and hunting.  Anything outside that scope is not within the spirit of the 2nd Amendment.  It will always be a continual debate in the United State what should be considered a weapon worthy of right to bear arms and what doesn't.

You people on either side have such thin skin.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

lol in the future people are going to look back on the people of the past ( our current era ) who claim the constitution rights they have  currently are outdated and so we should give them up

they'll look back and curse those people because of consequences that are going to be brought about

i cannot actually believe that people are saying that their rights are outdated and so they should give them up while acknowledging that those who rule over them as a result only gain more and more power correspondingly

it truly is sad but it is by design one way to enslave a people is to convince them that they don't need or deserve their rights and that they are irresponsible and so someone has to take the responsiblity they can't handle themselves

lol in the future people are going to look back and say, "people worshipped this illegal document as immutable and fought over its original prescriptions AFTER they AMENDED it and universally accepted that it can be AMENDED."

The 2nd AMENDMENT is one of the 10 AMENDMENTS, which inherently means that people realized that the Consititution is a legal document that is inherently fallible and must evolve to accomodate the wisdom of the modern age of understanding. Anyone who sits back and believes that any one people fully understood the proper way to universally govern any human populace 230 years ago is being patently absurb. Slavery was legal, women could no vote, homosexuality was a crime: these are all hallmarks of what most Americans view to be barbaric traits of Middle Eastern, predominantly Islamic nations. If people want to cling to the delineations of a bygone era, they are free to relocate to the nations that adhere to them with uncompromising adamance. The next time someone introduces that line of thinking, go tell a black person they to pick some cotton, a woman that she doesn't understand what she wants from her government, or a gay person that they made the wrong "choice" and see how well they take it.

The constitution was meant to evolve and be amended; intractability only serves to stagnate a nation.

Insidb said:

The 2nd AMENDMENT is one of the 10 AMENDMENTS, which inherently means that people realized that the Consititution is a legal document that is inherently fallible and must evolve to accomodate the wisdom of the modern age of understanding. Anyone who sits back and believes that any one people fully understood the proper way to universally govern any human populace 230 years ago is being patently absurb. Slavery was legal, women could no vote, homosexuality was a crime: these are all hallmarks of what most Americans view to be barbaric traits of Middle Eastern, predominantly Islamic nations. If people want to cling to the delineations of a bygone era, they are free to relocate to the nations that adhere to them with uncompromising adamance. The next time someone introduces that line of thinking, go tell a black person they to pick some cotton, a woman that she doesn't understand what she wants from her government, or a gay person that they made the wrong "choice" and see how well they take it.

The constitution was meant to evolve and be amended; intractability only serves to stagnate a nation.

I don't even care about the shitty U.S constitution. I view the right to bear arms as more fundamental than that. I would've been an anti-federalist back in the day. But within the legal framework that everybody appeals to there is a means to repeal such amendments, just as there was a means to amend such a document. So it's not like people say the constitution can't and shouldn't change, like it had for slavery and voting rights. Obviously the majority of Americans believe the second amendment still applies today, and that is why there is no support to repeal the second amendment. 

sc94597 said:
Insidb said:

I don't even care about the shitty U.S constitution. I view the right to bear arms as more fundamental than that. I would've been an anti-federalist back in the day. But within the legal framework that everybody appeals to there is a means to repeal such amendments, just as there was a means to amend such a document. So it's not like people say the constitution can't and shouldn't change, like it had for slavery and voting rights. Obviously the majority of Americans believe the second amendment still applies today, and that is why there is no support to repeal the second amendment. 

I'd chalk it up more to indifference than indignance. In general, Americans support greater gun control.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
sc94597 said:

I'd chalk it up more to indifference than indignance. In general, Americans support greater gun control.

Not according to the latest gallup polls. If anything, gun control is becoming a less popular topic. But still, it shows gun supporters are more actively involved in protecting their rights than gun control supports are in taking them, if it is just a matter of ndifference. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/179045/less-half-americans-support-stricter-gun-laws.aspx

^ Seems like 1959 was the last chance to ban handguns. 

I hate guns. I don't like them at all. They're cowardly and dangerous. But guess what?

It's the second amendment. I may not care for guns to the point that I don't even play FPS, but it's our right to own and use them. Banning them will just make it more difficult for normal people to defend themselves, whereas criminals will still have the black market.

I mean, EVERY TIME the government thinks they should ban something, they should look back at prohibition. They should look and realize that stupid ideas like that are what created organized crime, and every time you ban something else, you give organized crime more stock.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Insidb said:

lol in the future people are going to look back on the people of the past ( our current era ) who claim the constitution rights they have  currently are outdated and so we should give them up

they'll look back and curse those people because of consequences that are going to be brought about

i cannot actually believe that people are saying that their rights are outdated and so they should give them up while acknowledging that those who rule over them as a result only gain more and more power correspondingly

it truly is sad but it is by design one way to enslave a people is to convince them that they don't need or deserve their rights and that they are irresponsible and so someone has to take the responsiblity they can't handle themselves

lol in the future people are going to look back and say, "people worshipped this illegal document as immutable and fought over its original prescriptions AFTER they AMENDED it and universally accepted that it can be AMENDED."

". Slavery was legal, women could no vote, homosexuality was a crime"

where are those things in the constitution?

"people worshipped this illegal document as immutable and fought over its original prescriptions "

lol its far better to have a situation where your rights can be taken away as the government sees fit 

as we are seeing now with laws that allow for the detainment of people without trial indefinitely

yeah lol rights should be flexible they should not be immutable

rolltide101x said:

Yep, blue states have no issues because they just live on welfare and foodstamps :)

http://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2014/acs/acsbr13-13.pdf?eml=gd&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Take a look through the States and Compare the Red and Blue States

Texas = 1.9%

California = 4.1%

........ I am not going to say that every Red state will out do every Blue state but on average the Red States come out quite a bit ahead

You know that doesn't include food stamps right?

As of December 2014, the percentages participating in SNAP are

Texas: 13.91%

California: 11.36%

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/pd/29SNAPcurrPP.pdf

Much of the rest of the south, while appearing low on your cash payments chart is very high on the SNAP chart.  Louisiana for example is at only 1.5% in public assistance, well below California, and also below Texas.  For SNAP though, they are at 18.5%, well above both.