Is this poll racist

Yes racist you should be brought to court 19 8.19%

Yes, but in your right of freedom of speech 35 15.09%

Indifferent 16 6.90%

No 23 9.91%

Not at all, some of your points are valid 26 11.21%

Not at all this demographic problem is real 113 48.71%

Total:232

The problem isn't really the amount of immigrants, the problem is that these immigrants don't get well enough integrated to European society and culture.

Around the Network

This is a serious question, do most European countries actually lack the mechanisms to separate religious law and state law? In the U.S. there can't be any laws based on religious beliefs and federal law always takes precedence over religious doctrine.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

This is sorta ironic in a way.

Teeqoz said:
The problem isn't really the amount of immigrants, the problem is that these immigrants don't get well enough integrated to European society and culture.

I doubt wether that's possible educated well prepared immigrants should do fine here and integrate easily.

War refugees will have a huge cultural shock, and might not agree with our culture. They don't come here by choice or have a wrong image of Europe.

Having a small group get integrated well is easy like the Chinese. Getting a large group integrated is a lot of work, especially with negative press surrounding groups as IS, boko, Taliban, al Qaeda etc.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I'm muslim and I think its a problem as well. Maybe governments should look into what is happening and being preached at Islamic religious centers and mosques. Obviously not all muslims are bad but there are a few extremists that should be jailed. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Don't see it as a problem. I think it is more likely those immigrants will westernise, especially their children.

Problem is there a pretty much black and white (high)schools in The Netherlands since most neighborhoods or mostly white but a few especially in major city's are almost fully colored so that they're not mixing at all. As long as they remain isolated which is probably going to be a long time they will not really Westernise the fact we had a pro IS demonstration in the Netherlands and Antisemitism is climbing through the roof, proves this is barely the the case.

People won't adapt/change unless you make them to, which is common sociobiology since people don't like change they prefer stability. Which is in their own rights but that does mean that we shouldn't ve to much mixing of one culture with another to prevent wriction and irritation resulting in agression and radicalisation between two cultures.

In Chinatown Manhattan there are now 9.2% of Chinese Americans in the municipality's population.   http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown,_Manhattan

It will take some time but after a couple of decades most immigrants to europe will become "europeans".

I live in the land of the blond and blue-eyed Swedes, I am one myself. We have always had a great influx of people from Belgium (we call them Valloner) our neighbours from Finland, Jews from the Holocaust, Balts from WW2, Scottish entrepreneurs during late19 Century, guest-workers from Yugoslavia and Italy during the sixties and seventies. Now we have immigrants from Vietnam, Chile, Bosnia and other places. Most of them are integrated into the swedish ways (except for the fins - jk) and so will the refugees from Iraq, Syria and Somalia also be in time.

Normchacho said:
This is a serious question, do most European countries actually lack the mechanisms to separate religious law and state law? In the U.S. there can't be any laws based on religious beliefs and federal law always takes precedence over religious doctrine.

State law goes above religious law in Europe although some exceptions have been made for religions. Point is that a state law in Europe could be annualized and reformed by a religious based law if there are enough votes, for a political party given the fact that the percentage of muslims in Europe is rising, mostly low educated north Africans or people from the middle-east a Muslim party could do very well and make the scenario which I stated above happen.

Man, no offense, but you seem to live under a rock or giant bubble wherein your trips to the outside are for food only.

It's been a while since I've read such a strong display of xenophobia and tribalism.

Normchacho said:

Yes in some countries (Poland, Italy) the church has a big influence. In many other european countries there have been a history of State Religion, mostly Catholic and Protestant, that has lingered on to modern times.   http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion#Current_state_religions

Hiku said:

Russia invading the Netherlands? What on earth gave you that idea?
The wars waged these days are mainly with neighbouring countries, squabling over who owns the land or religious/cultural differences. Netherlands is not even close to Russia, and I don't think we live in an age where countries could easily get away with starting to conquer an entire continent. It doesn't work like that anymore. It's not a coincidence that it hasn't happened in a very long time.

As for your concern, muslims getting more political influence doesn't mean a focus on trying to change our countries into theirs. Mainly it's a struggle for equality and acceptance. Because if you haven't noticed, many of our countries make it difficult for them to even practice their beliefs. "Sorry, I can't hire you because you're wearing a hijab."

Wearing a hijab isn't the problem in more than a few cases but it's an easy excuse on the other hand speaking the language (poorly) with an accent and refusing to shake a hand or drive for that matter is a genuine reason.

Here in the Randstad there are many mosques, we've Islam schools, so I don't see a problem there. Sure It's no middle east but is that necessary. I doubt Belgium, Germany, France or Great Brittany differ much on that.

Russia under Putin doesn't care much for the rest of the world. That something has happened for a while doesn't mean it can't especially with some resources running out. Imagine the year 2100 that there are more people than that vegetables can feed due to too few usable soil and too few phosphate.What happens then sharing all and've barely enough or countries or continents ensuring their own food supply by dooming your neighbours.