No 23 9.91%

Not at all, some of your points are valid 26 11.21%

Not at all this demographic problem is real 113 48.71%

Total:232

maybe embrace atheism instead?

how's that for a novel idea :)

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Yes, Europe should fear Islamism!!!!! My country (Malta, European country since 2004) is one of the most muslim infested catholic country in Europe, they've already started taking over shops with Halal signs and some have already integrated into society leading schools to remove the catholic cross from class rooms due to being offensive. Hell they want another Mosque. The italians don't want to take any imagrants and at this rate we'll end up a muslim country very soon.

Wait there is another Maltese on this forum? NICE (Half maltese)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Qwark said:
Normchacho said:
This is a serious question, do most European countries actually lack the mechanisms to separate religious law and state law? In the U.S. there can't be any laws based on religious beliefs and federal law always takes precedence over religious doctrine.

State law goes above religious law in Europe although some exceptions have been made for religions. Point is that a state law in Europe could be annualized and reformed by a religious based law if there are enough votes, for a political party given the fact that the percentage of muslims in Europe is rising, mostly low educated north Africans or people from the middle-east a Muslim party could do very well and make the scenario which I stated above happen.

But...that's a long way off isn't it? I mean...only like 5% of people in the Netherlands are Muslims...and what percentage of those are even pro sharia law? Also, doesn't the Netherlands have some sort of protection from religious based law?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I'm not scared or anything about that. Yes I don't really like to read about some law in countries like Saudi Arabia (but also not about the law of some "Christian" countries), how some Islamic countries handle their view of "freedom" (especially of speech), about how they handle apostasy in Islam and so on but I already think that most Muslims who live here in Germany are also not very happy about some of that so that they wouldn't support it if they will get more power here.

I'm also not scared about terrorist attacks. Yes maybe it will get worse, maybe there will die more people per year in Europe because of these attacks but it won't be like in Iraq... You also don't see so much of this stuff in Turkey and if at all, the European countries would transform more in a Turkey like country (and not even that since the young Muslims here grew up mixed with a different culture of which they will adopt some stuff)

I also see how some homes of asylum seekers get regularly "attacked" by Christians or how that guy killed the kids in Norway some years ago to know that people of another religion or even atheists aren't better humans, it's probably more a problem of how many chances people had in life, how happy they are and if they turned to be assholes because their own life is just terrible and not a question of religion.

There are problems in some German cities and I know what I'm talking about since I live in the "Ruhrgebiet" where there are many Muslims but I think many of these problems have not much to do with religion at all. Especially some younger guys from countries like Turkey can be pretty annoying from time to time (calling you some bad shit on the streets and being very aggressive) but that's not because they are Muslims, it's because of their situation and perspective. Kids without much perspective from German families are also fucked up pretty often.

If companies start to give these people also a chance to work for them, if politicians learn how to handle these problems they are mostly responsible for better than they would be also much better integrated and if they would see how great life can be with such a system we have here they wouldn't want to get a worse one even with more power.

Not to forget that it will take still a very long time in most European countries to get a percentage of Muslims which would be so high to really change much. fertility rate is higher for these immigrants but statistics also clearly show that it's mostly the first generation coming to Germany and that as example the fertility rate of Turks in Germany is also already pretty low nowadays since most live in second or third generation here.

And just to round this up, most immigrants in Germany aren't even Muslims (they come from Poland, Hungary and so on) and with countries like Turkey we even have a negative migration, more Turks leave Germany as they come to Germany (at least in 2012) and you can be sure that some of the people from Syria and other countries will also leave Germany again if situation will get better after ten years or something...

What I can't stand is that some don't even try to learn German to get a better chance and to contribute more to this country but that's not a Muslim problem, I also see that from people who come from Bulgaria, Russia and so on...Same how some Germans live in Spain and can't speak a word Spanish, I find that horrible and a shame.

There are some negatives but there are also positives. I am at least very happy that I get so much different food on the streets and I love to go to Turkish greengrocers

I'm terrified by the flood of Muslims and what it means for us. We should absolutely stop it, seal the borders and don't let more of them in. My country hasn't been affected by it much thus far, but they are slowly growing in numbers. I don't want Poland to turn into what Belgium/France/Netherlands has turned into and to what Scandinavia is turning in as well. Personally, I'd go as far as to take back the passports and nationalities they were given and send them back home. Of course not everyone (there's no point in that), but let's say if you're not European for 3 generations and you remain unemployed for a given period of time (6 months? 12 months?), you can lose the passport and be kicked out. That way maybe we could at least start to civilize the Muslim ghetto's that are already in existance and get rid of those immigrants that bring no added value. But I know that Europe is too weak to do what's best for it and they are taking advantage of it. You can't be tolerant to intolerant people and unfortunately Muslims aren't tolerant and they are a massive threat to us. I believe that in less than 10 years Belgium will be the first Muslim country in Europe. Wonder what's gonna happen there in a couple decades more...

I feel that soon the only Western countries left in the world will be Australia and New Zealand. They aren't scared of kicking immigrants out.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
I'm terrified by the flood of Muslims and what it means for us. We should absolutely stop it, seal the borders and don't let more of them in. My country hasn't been affected by it much thus far, but they are slowly growing in numbers. I don't want Poland to turn into what Belgium/France/Netherlands has turned into and to what Scandinavia is turning in as well. Personally, I'd go as far as to take back the passports and nationalities they were given and send them back home. Of course not everyone (there's no point in that), but let's say if you're not European for 3 generations and you remain unemployed for a given period of time (6 months? 12 months?), you can lose the passport and be kicked out. That way maybe we could at least start to civilize the Muslim ghetto's that are already in existance and get rid of those immigrants that bring no added value. But I know that Europe is too weak to do what's best for it and they are taking advantage of it. You can't be tolerant to intolerant people and unfortunately Muslims aren't tolerant and they are a massive threat to us. I believe that in less than 10 years Belgium will be the first Muslim country in Europe. Wonder what's gonna happen there in a couple decades more...

I feel that soon the only Western countries left in the world will be Australia and New Zealand. They aren't scared of kicking immigrants out.

How would you feel if Irish and English people had the same view of all the Polish Immigrants? You say Muslims aren't tolerant? All of them? Every single one of them is intolerant? I have met many racist Polish people who think black people are monkey and generally have a terrible level of education regarding culturalism. Should I judge all polish off the Polish man who killed and ate 3 swans in my neighborhood and round them all up and deport them back to Poland? Should i judge all Polish generally as you do with Muslims?

Scisca said:

I agree. The west would be a lot better off with zero immigration. In light of global overpopulation and the increasing competition for resources, immigration will only be a drag on society and in the case of Muslims, is potential threat to liberty as they will likely seek to impose their theocratic traditions as much as possible. Slam the borders shut.

Normchacho said:
This is a serious question, do most European countries actually lack the mechanisms to separate religious law and state law? In the U.S. there can't be any laws based on religious beliefs and federal law always takes precedence over religious doctrine.

European countries have massively varying legal systems. But yes most have the seperation of church and state. They aren't referring to the legal sysem. These people are just being daft and referring to culturalism in a zenophobic respect.

badgenome said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Islam is a newer religion than Christianity. As such, it will go through processes of growth and development. Trust me on this. I have studied it in college specifically. If or by the time enough Muslims push their laws in Europe, their system will have developed to the same level of Christianity. The history of Islam is almost identical to that of Christianity. They even persecute the same areas of society as Christianity did at the same age of the religion.

That's absurdly reductive. There is no one path for the development of a religion according to its age, and it is far from inevitable that the path it takes is ultimately toward liberalism.

Exactly.  I never understood the hypocrisy from (so-called) liberals, who seem to demonize Christians for not wanting to pay for birth control, yet try to defend a people who, when in majority rule of a country, give very few freedoms to women.  The fact is, Islam has not had a reformation like just about every other religion has.  And it's not like they haven't had time to do so.  Really it doesn't matter how "young" the religion is, they still went through all the technological and societal eras of advancement every other religion did, yet for the most part, decided to stay stuck in a time before the 1000s. 

And they really aren't going to have that reformation if we continue to let the large number of extremists within that religion continue to have their way and conquer more and more land.  Or blame the victims of murder, cause they "deserved it" for offending Islam.  Or ignore those countries run by Muslims that condone stoning gays, honor killings, and actually treating women like 2nd class citicens (something "liberals" falsely accuse us of doing in the US.)

Scisca said:

One third of 23,766,500 australiens have origins other than english speaking countries.   http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Australia#Languages

One third of New Zealands population is non-european.       http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_Zealand#Ethnicity