By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last Xbox console?? (Theory)

super6646 said:
Aura7541 said:

Never claimed anything about the X1's tracking, so nice kneejerk reaction there. At the end of the day, VGC's numbers aren't to be trusted. I rather say "I don't know" than believe in rough guesses.

Then very well. But the other person with the frog avatar or something like that. As long as we don't have Xbox sales numbers, you can say whatever you like but there's nothing backing that up...

Well, the xbox numbers we have are largely dependant on the information we got from AMD. They said at some point recently that almost 30m consoles had been shipped.

Sony said 18.5m PS4 shipped as of Jan 4th.

which would mean 11.5m xb1 shipped.

Our VGC numbers as of Jan 3 said:
PS4: 18,450k
xb1: 10,980k

This would equal 18.45 + 11 = 29.45
Of course, it's clear ps4 couldn't possibly have only 50k consoles in stock, so ps4 was likely overtracked as of the first week of January. Probably by at least 500k. But given the sony update we got, we are already around 400k behind. If it was 500k overtracked week 1, then we should think it was 18m, and now 20.2, which implies 1m per month. 250k per week.

In plain English, VGC had 29.45m sold through in the first week of January
AMD says 'almost' 30m shipped.
Sony says 18.5m shipped.
That means xbox, at the very most, could have only shipped 11.5m.

Normal stock levels would suggest that each should be 500k below shipped.
So 18m vs 11m

However, that is assuming that when AMD said almost 30m, they sincerely meant 30m.
Any decrease would have to come from the xb1 side. Whether or not they had much less stock on the shelves after christmas than 500k, is anyone's guess.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129135

Kowen last gen tracked shipped vs sold numbers.
Generally speaking, aside from launch christmas, most end of year numbers had 1.5+m on the shelves.

This isn't concrete or anything, but if I were a betting man, I'd say the real xb1 numbers are under what we currently have it at.
And now that we have the actual ps4 numbers from Sony, we know the ps4 is over what we have it at...which means it's been selling really well in the new year, because we have it overtracked going into 2015.

Around the Network

They will ship out desktop computers and call them consoles.

theprof00 said:
super6646 said:

Then very well. But the other person with the frog avatar or something like that. As long as we don't have Xbox sales numbers, you can say whatever you like but there's nothing backing that up...

Well, the xbox numbers we have are largely dependant on the information we got from AMD. They said at some point recently that almost 30m consoles had been shipped.

Sony said 18.5m PS4 shipped as of Jan 4th.

which would mean 11.5m xb1 shipped.

Our VGC numbers as of Jan 3 said:
PS4: 18,450k
xb1: 10,980k

This would equal 18.45 + 11 = 29.45
Of course, it's clear ps4 couldn't possibly have only 50k consoles in stock, so ps4 was likely overtracked as of the first week of January. Probably by at least 500k. But given the sony update we got, we are already around 400k behind. If it was 500k overtracked week 1, then we should think it was 18m, and now 20.2, which implies 1m per month. 250k per week.

In plain English, VGC had 29.45m sold through in the first week of January
AMD says 'almost' 30m shipped.
Sony says 18.5m shipped.
That means xbox, at the very most, could have only shipped 11.5m.

Normal stock levels would suggest that each should be 500k below shipped.
So 18m vs 11m

However, that is assuming that when AMD said almost 30m, they sincerely meant 30m.
Any decrease would have to come from the xb1 side. Whether or not they had much less stock on the shelves after christmas than 500k, is anyone's guess.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129135

Kowen last gen tracked shipped vs sold numbers.
Generally speaking, aside from launch christmas, most end of year numbers had 1.5+m on the shelves.

This isn't concrete or anything, but if I were a betting man, I'd say the real xb1 numbers are under what we currently have it at.
And now that we have the actual ps4 numbers from Sony, we know the ps4 is over what we have it at...which means it's been selling really well in the new year, because we have it overtracked going into 2015.

Wasn't there information proving this wrong... pretty sure there was.

super6646 said:

Proving what wrong? There's like 5 factoids I listed in there.

EDIT: Oops, looks like you're right. Sony announced 18.5m sold-through, not shipped. VGC numbers are accurate as of jan 3.

Which means that the 11m total we have for xb1 is likely overtracked. Because if we guess 19m shipped for ps4, then we have <11m shipped for xb1, which means best case 10.5 sold through for xb1.

theprof00 said:
super6646 said:

EDIT: Oops, looks like you're right. Sony announced 18.5m sold-through, not shipped. VGC numbers are accurate as of jan 3.

Which means that the 11m total we have for xb1 is likely overtracked. Because if we guess 19m shipped for ps4, then we have <11m shipped for xb1, which means best case 10.5 sold through for xb1.

No, the AMD information was proven wrong! Not the PS4 one!

Around the Network
super6646 said:
theprof00 said:

Do you have a source for that?

super6646 said:
theprof00 said:

News to me. Would you provide the source?