By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega and Game Freak (Pokemon) teasing something for March 11

sundin13 said:

The game's difficulty curve is balanced for constant reshuffling of teams, not running an optimal team. While that really helps remove the grind for people who want to play using a ton of pokemon (like me!), it does make the game ridiculously easy if you are playing optimally. At this point, one of the biggest potential improvements for Pokemon would be adding in difficulty settings (and a built in Nuzlocke mode).

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with that, at least for the recent games.

Speaking of difficulty, I actually went back and played Heartgold this past year, and at least compared to Y, I found it pretty challenging. I started playing the game with a shuffling team like in Y, and my team was only in the late-30s by the time I got to the Elite 4. I changed my way of playing again, and focused on one team after that. Although the grinding was annoying, I actually felt accomplished after I beat Red.

I definitely think a difficulty option would be a great idea for the games. Hopefully nothing as grindy as HG, but a stat or level bump to all enemies would make it a lot more engaging for veteran players. Something like HG's Red too. As annoying as it was to get in all that grinding to beat him, I actually feel accomplished when I look at the achievement ribbons on my HG team.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with that, at least for the recent games.

Speaking of difficulty, I actually went back and played Heartgold this past year, and at least compared to Y, I found it pretty challenging. I started playing the game with a shuffling team like in Y, and my team was only in the late-30s by the time I got to the Elite 4. I changed my way of playing again, and focused on one team after that. Although the grinding was annoying, I actually felt accomplished after I beat Red.

I definitely think a difficulty option would be a great idea for the games. Hopefully nothing as grindy as HG, but a stat or level bump to all enemies would make it a lot more engaging for veteran players. Something like HG's Red too. As annoying as it was to get in all that grinding to beat him, I actually feel accomplished when I look at the achievement ribbons on my HG team.

What has always frustrated me is when you run into those trainers that have like, two Pokemon which they forcefully prevented from evolving. Why is that a thing?! There should be fewer trainers, but make each one of them more unique and have a full 6 Pokemon party...I would rather fight one trainer like that than three trainers with two pokemon.

Also, quests should be a thing. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but give me a few quests in every town and I will be a happy man. Quests making events trigger and dynamic weather and whatnot would give the series some much needed variety and introduce more character into the world and the minor characters in the world.

Pulse-Man 2?!?!

Yes please.

Pixel Art can be fun.

uran10 said:

You do realize the only reason 1 or 2 pokemon mow down the game easily is because they take all the exp and grow really fast then right? You use a team of six is harder than using a single mon because you need to spend time grinding in most games. if its just 1 pokemon then by the third gym you're overlevelled enough to one shot everything.

As I said.  Piss poor balancing.  Nintendo should learn to balance the game better.  As the player, I shouldn't have to set limitations on myself in order to make the game more difficult.  That's the developers job, not mine.

I've never had to set limitations for myself on SMT Nocturne, a game that allows you to carry 12 demons with you at one time rather than Pokemon's six.  Go ahead and use only three demons as your main party members the entire game, you won't become overpowered.  The game will still be difficult, and aside from maybe Matador, you don't have to grind either.

Anymore apologetic excuses for Pokemon you guys want to pull out of..... hmmm.... thin air?

I've waited so long for a Pulseman 2.