By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega and Game Freak (Pokemon) teasing something for March 11

kupomogli said:
Samus Aran said:
Sonic will be reduced to Pokémon status?

Neither series has been really good.  I'm expecting Sonic and Knuckles to be the two Legendary Pokemon next game.  They'll be on the front cover and sell to both Pokemon and Sonic fans, maybe it'll get Sonic fans interested in the Pokemon series that has nothing going for it other than end game pvp.

Pokemon isn't "really good" but its good. It is a great game for people who want to start into the RPG games, and for kids to start as their first game. For the more experienced players, you have a bunch of things (EV training, IV breeding) and etc to get good Pokemon. There is a lot more to Pokemon than people think.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Is Game Freak not first party, but second party like Insomniac Games?

SjOne said:
Is Game Freak not first party, but second party like Insomniac Games?

It's second party, but not like Insomniac Games. You'll never see their games on a Sony or MS console.

Mnementh said:
kupomogli said:
Samus Aran said:
Sonic will be reduced to Pokémon status?

Neither series has been really good.  I'm expecting Sonic and Knuckles to be the two Legendary Pokemon next game.  They'll be on the front cover and sell to both Pokemon and Sonic fans, maybe it'll get Sonic fans interested in the Pokemon series that has nothing going for it other than end game pvp.

So you don't like oldschool RPG, because basically that's what Pokemon is. Only Squirtle and Zygarde instead of Elves and dwarves.

Oh noes, I don't like Pokemon's stupidly easy single player that you can use one or two Pokemon and mow down everyone in every Pokemon gym weak against them or not.  Clearly I don't like oldschool RPGs.  You got me.  Man you're good.. 

Paatar said:

Pokemon isn't "really good" but its good. It is a great game for people who want to start into the RPG games, and for kids to start as their first game. For the more experienced players, you have a bunch of things (EV training, IV breeding) and etc to get good Pokemon. There is a lot more to Pokemon than people think.

Pokemon is terrible outside of the competitive pvp gameplay, and because of the EVs and IVs, if you even want to be able to compete against the truly competitive players, then you have to grind your ass off and spend hours studying your potential party and getting it well synchronized, and afterwards spending another dozen hours getting IVs that will work to each specific party members advantage.  That's even before you get into the competitive play.  You want to have a different party build?  You're going to put just as much time creating and perfecting another one. 

Pokemon fans like to think that people don't like the series because they don't know the intricasies of the gameplay, but the RPG fans who don't like the gameplay is because you actually have to put so much time into it to actually get to the good part of the game.  The first 10-20 hours of the garbage single player campaign, another 10 hours to build a pvp ready party. 

As a single player RPG, every Pokemon is cummulatively one of the worst RPGs ever created.  As pvp it can be the best as long as you want to put the overwhelming amount of time to actually play around with the fun part.  Unless of course you like to lose in competitive matches, then you'll just slap a party together and go at it.

Around the Network
onionberry said:

probably a mobile game

Sadly, i agree with this.

If Nintendo is so into SEGA, why dont they buy them already? It might ammount to something then.

ktay95 said:
teigaga said:
Why doesn't Nintendo buy them+pokemon company+sega. They have their hands in the mobile market without actually sacrificing any of their known brands.

NO!!!! You stay the fuck away from my Sega... OK so I give no fucks for Sega but they own Atlus now and so they must stay 3rd party or go first party with Sony. You shall never steal my PERSONA!!!!

or you can just buy the next Nintendo console

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
ktay95 said:
teigaga said:
Why doesn't Nintendo buy them+pokemon company+sega. They have their hands in the mobile market without actually sacrificing any of their known brands.

NO!!!! You stay the fuck away from my Sega... OK so I give no fucks for Sega but they own Atlus now and so they must stay 3rd party or go first party with Sony. You shall never steal my PERSONA!!!!

or you can just buy the next Nintendo console

Lol no, unless Zelda WiiU proves Nintendo still have some magic left in them I am done wasting money on them.

Sega-starts focusing more on Mobile...... Pokemon company- makes pokemon

Pokemon spin off, on IOS and Andriod

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

anthony64641 said:
Sega-starts focusing more on Mobile...... Pokemon company- makes pokemon

Pokemon spin off, on IOS and Andriod

Already has been done. A horrid Pokemon rythm game.