By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 hits 20.2 million units sold worldwide

maverick40 said:
And this is why Sony donesn't need to drop the price. It is tracking the same as the Wii and is more expensive too

this

Around the Network

I just realized that this means PS4 is not down YOY, awesome news! This must also mean it sold really great outside of the US since we at least know January numbers?

Puppyroach said:
I just realized that this means PS4 is not down YOY, awesome news! This must also mean it sold really great outside of the US since we at least know January numbers?

it sold more in Japan now

Yafea said:
SjOne said:

PS3 stands at 86 million now. I doubt it'll sell 14 million in the next few years 

Never say never. A man can always dream

That's a very wild dream, especially for a console that is still $200 right now, 9 years after launch.

Kerotan said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Because it's "the" console to own this gen. Like how people were going crazy for the 360, "the" console to own last gen. Once something has the "it" factor, that pretty much all of the momentum it needs.

Yet it finished last!  

I never bought one, i only owned a PS3, from about 1 year after release. I just always felt like i was in the monority, whenever i talked to anybody i personally know. Seemed like everybody buy me owned one. 

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Kerotan said:

Yet it finished last!  

I never bought one, i only owned a PS3, from about 1 year after release. I just always felt like i was in the monority, whenever i talked to anybody i personally know. Seemed like everybody buy me owned one. 

That's because in some countries it was the strong majority.  In Europe minus the UK,  Japan and most of the ROW PS3 was ahead of it.  But in the US and UK 360 had a pretty strong lead. 

So the actual gap is probably a little over 2MM?

Goodnightmoon said:

Another monopolized generation without competition, that´s very possitive for the game industry. Or maybe not.

The message that the industry is getting now is very sad, we don´t need new good games, we don´t need to be honest, we don´t need to be different, we don´t need good exlusives, we only need hype, marketing and numbers to sell whatever we want.

Btw, congratulation for that numbers, is really a big achievement.

This isn't monopolized. The PS4 won't have close to as much marketshare as the PS2 had. Besides, the 6th gen is a lot of people's favourite gen

OT: These are really great numbers. Congrats Sony.

PS4 is not Sony´s life boat any more, it is its transatlantic.

And does that mean VGChartz was undertracking by more than 50% the last few weeks?

Japan is now starting to board the train and this thing is still not at full cruise speed. Wait until it is, eyes will melt.