By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 hits 20.2 million units sold worldwide

Goodnightmoon said:

Another monopolized generation without competition, that´s very possitive for the game industry. Or maybe not.

The message that the industry is getting now is very sad, we don´t need new good games, we don´t need to be honest, we don´t need to be different, we don´t need good exlusives, we only need hype, marketing and numbers to sell whatever we want.

Btw, congratulation for that numbers, is really a big achievement.

the message to the industry is we dont' like forced, expensive gimmiks (wiiU pad, kinect) and an always online console with horrible drm practises is a terrible idea.

ps4 selling well is good for the industry just like ps3 selling bad was also good.   sony came to market the next gen not making the same stupid $599 mistake and ms and nintendo won't make their mistakes next gen either because they'll see just how costly coming to market with a boring or anti-consumer product really is.

a good competition doesn't mean everything sells exactly even.   a good competition means that the better products sell better. 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Another monopolized generation without competition, that´s very possitive for the game industry. Or maybe not.

The message that the industry is getting now is very sad, we don´t need new good games, we don´t need to be honest, we don´t need to be different, we don´t need good exlusives, we only need hype, marketing and numbers to sell whatever we want.

God damn dude, that is by far the saltiest "congrats for selling _____" post I have ever had the priviledge to read.  Not a term I like to throw around too much, but good lord.  

I'm curious what you mean by "don't need new good games" because I would argue that PS4 has those, just not exclusives and "we don't need to be honest" because I really have no idea what you are referencing for that point.  

"Dont need to be honest"
As opposed to who ?

Goodnightmoon said:

2015: All Playstation (PS4) Exclusive Games (220+ Games with screens inside)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197822&page=1#

Just out of curiosity how many new games releaseing this year, does Microsoft have for the xbox?

You make it sound like Sony doesnt do anything to achieve those sales figours they have, or plan on doing anything to get them.

Yet there is a thread with 220+ games for ps4 releaseing this year alone.

very amazing sales!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is good for all gamer and console-player wordwide : )

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Does anyone else think VR is the next big thing? like the wii with its motion tracking?
I can see FPS shooters being popular with VR, and exploration games, MMORPG's.

How far along is microsofts VR tech? Because sony's project Morpheus looks to be around early 2016 release.
I can see sony becomeing the standart go to VR gameing consol, which could probably boost sales a good bit.

That ll def. be the "something" new, this gen might have been lacking. The true next gen, VR?

FPS will probably be fun, but I can only imagine playing a game like P.T., or Myst, or The 7th Guest, thriller/horror genre will be ridiculous with that setup.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Kresnik said:
Blimey, impressive. I still don't quite get why it's selling so well.

Because it's "the" console to own this gen. Like how people were going crazy for the 360, "the" console to own last gen. Once something has the "it" factor, that pretty much all of the momentum it needs.

Yet it finished last!  

Yafea said:
SjOne said:

PS3 stands at 86 million now. I doubt it'll sell 14 million in the next few years 

Never say never. A man can always dream

If it had stronger sales in NA it'd be more realistic, but at least PS3 outsold Wii I'm Europe

Gongratz sony

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Torillian said:
Goodnightmoon said:

God damn dude, that is by far the saltiest "congrats for selling _____" post I have ever had the priviledge to read.  Not a term I like to throw around too much, but good lord.  

I'm curious what you mean by "don't need new good games" because I would argue that PS4 has those, just not exclusives and "we don't need to be honest" because I really have no idea what you are referencing for that point.  

You forgot the saltdancing.gif 

Seriously though Goodnightmoon should buy a ps4 and he'll love it.  Plenty of games for everyone.