By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Zelda U Have a Chance At 5Mil+ Lifetime WW? (Or Close To It)

vivster said:

Looking at the sales of any other Zelda game related to install base, no. Hell no. 25% attach rates are usually only something for either massively bundled games or Mario games.

Yeah, install base doesn't mean as much when the Console sales are very low. 25% is 5mil if WiiU sold 20mil, i thought you didn't think it wouldn't be close to this figure :p

That said look at MK8/SM3DW/SSBU. All Attach rates are over 35% and MK8 is 50%+

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
vivster said:

Looking at the sales of any other Zelda game related to install base, no. Hell no. 25% attach rates are usually only something for either massively bundled games or Mario games.

Yeah, install base doesn't mean as much when the Console sales are very low. 25% is 5mil if WiiU sold 20mil, i thought you didn't think it wouldn't be close to this figure :p

Yes, these are Mario games, which usually sell easily more than Zelda.

If Wii U doesn't even get to 20m it's even more unlikely for Zelda to reach that high. The same game would probably sell tons more, if it was on a more popular console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RealGamingExpert said:
contestgamer said:
Skyward Sword bombed on a much,much larger install base. 3 Million LTD is what i predict.

Did it really? As far as I know the numbers for SS on VGC are not correct.

You can't really suggest that and then have nothing to show for it.

OT: Maybe, it will certainly take a while for it to reach there IF the game is as polarizing as SS sorta was (By that, I mean that SS seemed to split the players between those who loved it and those who were not into it)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

4 million ltd

vivster said:
tbone51 said:
vivster said:

Yes, these are Mario games, which usually sell easily more than Zelda.

If Wii U doesn't even get to 20m it's even more unlikely for Zelda to reach that high. The same game would probably sell tons more, if it was on a more popular console.

Yeah, lets stop saying SSB is a Mario Game because its clearly not. Thank You.

Also 5mil isnt that out reach. Looking at WWHD and HW sales i think 4mil is a lock so far.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Also 5mil isnt that out reach. Looking at WWHD and HW sales i think 4mil is a lock so far.

You're right. It's missing the "Mario" in its name. So it's only 66% Mario game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Areym said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Did it really? As far as I know the numbers for SS on VGC are not correct.

You can't really suggest that and then have nothing to show for it.

OT: Maybe, it will certainly take a while for it to reach there IF the game is as polarizing as SS sorta was (By that, I mean that SS seemed to split the players between those who loved it and those who were not into it)

It sold 3.4M in the first month.

Do you really honestly think that it only sold 400k copies after that? I highly doubt it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-has-sold-3-4-million-worldwide/

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

vivster said:
tbone51 said:

You're right. It's missing the "Mario" in its name. So it's only 66% Mario game.

So only Mario Games and SSB can have 25% or higher attach rates in the entire gaming industry. Interesting.........

Well, the first Zelda games to release on each Nintendo platform have a tendency to do really well, so I'd say yeah. Hell, 6 million isn't even out of the question.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I have a feeling it will, the U has an abnormally high attach rate and I can see the userbase being at around 13m at the expected end of the year release of the game which would be more then enough to provide an initial 3m in the first few months of the game. On the console itself I have a feeling the could be an official price cut near then end of the year, Zelda is a series on a tear at the moment and the's something about this particular installment of Zelda that gives me the impression of further anticipation.