I actually listened. Thank you. 11 6.43%

I hate Nintentacle. 12 7.02%

I love Nintentacle. 11 6.43%

Looks like someone had a bad day. 55 32.16%

Nah, he just is in that b... 13 7.60%

Total:171
Esiar said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If one man lives 80 years of his life and does nothing, but dies happy, imo, he did more than the man who owned an oil company and died alone, bitter, rich and angry.

If playing video games is all someone wants to do and they're happy, that's fine with me.

Fake happiness is what I was talking about. 

With all due repsect, I don't think you're in any postion to decide who is happy, and who isn't. My advice? Spend less time worrying about other people's perceived happiness, or lack thereof, and start focusing on your own. If your goal is to help people, you're going about it totally wrong.

Around the Network
Esiar said:
Maelstrome said:

What do you think people should do with their life?

Read the part of the OP before the Note.

I do not believe in the divine Jesus. I studied the Christian bible for a few years. I was raised Christian. In depth study of the bible convinced me to drop that faith.

I am happier believing this is all I get or that whatever higher power is in the universe we currently do not uderstand. Most people will be with loved ones unless they are horrible people or in need of psychiatric help.

Aeolus451 said:
Esiar said:

I don't flame people for their opinions. I usually criticize their opinions, not the person themselves. When I criticize the person, It's over abundantly obvious and wrong things. That is different from flaming, since the flaming I was talking about is insulting the person because of their opinion, not pointing out someone's wrong-doing, or criticizing what is to me an unfactual claim (not merely an opinion that is in the eye of the beholder).

So you're "critizing" people when you say that their hobby is a waste of time and that it's stupid, silly, ridiculous without really explaining it? I call that insulting gamers and the fine people of this site. 

It's self-explanatory. If you spend too much time on things that you don't need to do, that is foolish, because there is infinitely better things to do. 

I wouldn't say anyone is a fine person - Everyone has evil desires. You can just look at the amount post of some user's on here and see how muh time they have wasted (I am a good example of that, from my Nintentacle account), or look at the amount of posts on Captain Yuri's NSFW thread, or how much times certain users make Alts over and over again even though this is only a gaming fourm and they know they will get banned again...

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Damn, the popcorn is stale now. Uhhhh, SS or it didn't happen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

This thread wastes my time.

Also, religion was surely the biggest waste of time when I was young. I'm glad I don't waste my time on that anymore.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Esiar said:

With all due repsect, I don't think you're in any postion to decide who is happy, and who isn't. My advice? Spend less time worrying about other people's perceived happiness, or lack thereof, and start focusing on your own. If your goal is to help people, you're going about it totally wrong.

No offense meant to anyone.

I have met way too many religious people that think it is impossible to be happy with life without their religion. I suspect that applies here.

theprof00 said:
Video games have done more for me in my life than any amount of schooling I've been through.
I've met great people, learned a ton about efficiency and management, and now through vgc I've learned a lot about business, marketing, and analysis. I've also learned how to talk to people, and conflict resolution skills.
I love gaming and it will always be a part of my future, whether I'm coding, conducting business, or simply burning some stress.

The only thing is this - All these things could have been done sooner and more efficiently, or are unnecessary things. With the exception of stress: You should get to the root cause of that.

bunchanumbers said:
Esiar said:

See vote #1

But you never know - I was snapped out of Extreme Nintendo-Fanboyism by a YouTube comment!

Wait did you just say that a youtube comment changed your life?

Yes.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Esiar said:

It's not that I am going at it completely wrong, just that people see it through their eyes, which are blinded by addictions to video games, and/or other addictions, and/or willful blindness.

You stop wasting my time.