I actually listened. Thank you. 11 6.43%

I hate Nintentacle. 12 7.02%

I love Nintentacle. 11 6.43%

Looks like someone had a bad day. 55 32.16%

Nah, he just is in that b... 13 7.60%

Total:171
Esiar said:
Aeolus451 said:

So you're "critizing" people when you say that their hobby is a waste of time and that it's stupid, silly, ridiculous without really explaining it? I call that insulting gamers and the fine people of this site. 

It's self-explanatory. If you spend too much time on things that you don't need to do, that is foolish, because there is infinitely better things to do. 

I wouldn't say anyone is a fine person - Everyone has evil desires. You can just look at the amount post of some user's on here and see how muh time they have wasted (I am a good example of that, from my Nintentacle account), or look at the amount of posts on Captain Yuri's NSFW thread, or how much times certain users make Alts over and over again even though this is only a gaming fourm and they know they will get banned again...

1. Subjective Definition

dictionary.search.yahoo.com

adj. adjective

• 1. Dependent on or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world.
    • 2. Based on a given person's experience, understanding, and feelings; personal or individual.admitted he was making a highly subjective judgment.
    • 3. Not caused by external stimuli.
    1. Hypocrisy Definition

n. noun

• 1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
      • 2. An act or instance of such falseness.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Esiar said:

Well, seek and ye shall find. 

But, I'm pretty sure Sunday worship derives from the Lord's day partly.

no its a pagan practice the true day of worship is the last day of the week which is saturday, sunday is the first day of the week

The sabbath is pointless if you believe in the New Testament anyways.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

badgenome said:
You stop wasting my time

As I said to someoneelse, you'd be wasting your time regardless of whether I made this thread or not.

Maelstrome said:
Esiar said:

Read the part of the OP before the Note.

I do not believe in the divine Jesus. I studied the Christian bible for a few years. I was raised Christian. In depth study of the bible convinced me to drop that faith.

I am happier believing this is all I get or that whatever higher power is in the universe we currently do not uderstand. Most people will be with loved ones unless they are horrible people or in need of psychiatric help.

Can you please elaborate on this in a PM?

Maelstrome said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

With all due repsect, I don't think you're in any postion to decide who is happy, and who isn't. My advice? Spend less time worrying about other people's perceived happiness, or lack thereof, and start focusing on your own. If your goal is to help people, you're going about it totally wrong.

No offense meant to anyone.

I have met way too many religious people that think it is impossible to be happy with life without their religion. I suspect that applies here.

The problem is not religion but in who is teaching and learning it. Too many people just hear what mom and dad say, or their local pastor and just carry on with that status quo. Alot of them are told from birth up that they're suppose to be aggressive and "spread the word." They in turn take this to heart and go about it in a way that is offensive and intrusive to people which ends up accompishing nothing at all.

I'd say the best way to get your message across is by setting an example. The people who are going to move closer to your postion with do so on their own by seeing your actions and admiring you for being a caring, loving human being. You can't force people with blunt accusations and finger pointing.

Sadly, most people never figure this out because again, they lack critical thinking skills and are told by less than ethical human beings how to conduct themselves. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Esiar said:

It's self-explanatory. If you spend too much time on things that you don't need to do, that is foolish, because there is infinitely better things to do. 

I wouldn't say anyone is a fine person - Everyone has evil desires. You can just look at the amount post of some user's on here and see how muh time they have wasted (I am a good example of that, from my Nintentacle account), or look at the amount of posts on Captain Yuri's NSFW thread, or how much times certain users make Alts over and over again even though this is only a gaming fourm and they know they will get banned again...

1. Subjective Definition

adj. adjective

• 1. Dependent on or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world.
    • 2. Based on a given person's experience, understanding, and feelings; personal or individual.admitted he was making a highly subjective judgment.
    • 3. Not caused by external stimuli.
    1. Hypocrisy Definition

n. noun

• 1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
      • 2. An act or instance of such falseness.

What I said in that specific comment isn't subjective or hypocritical.

mZuzek said:
It was always the most mainstream formula for success. This thread is here to prove, again, that it works.

However, it usually comes at the cost of reputation. Make a thread like this and you'll be accused of being a sell-out in the blink of an eye. If you just want the money and fame though, go for it.

I think you just described the decision/consequences of releasing CoD annually in two sentences.

I'm impressed.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Esiar said:
theprof00 said:
Video games have done more for me in my life than any amount of schooling I've been through.
I've met great people, learned a ton about efficiency and management, and now through vgc I've learned a lot about business, marketing, and analysis. I've also learned how to talk to people, and conflict resolution skills.
I love gaming and it will always be a part of my future, whether I'm coding, conducting business, or simply burning some stress.

The only thing is this - All these things could have been done sooner and more efficiently, or are unnecessary things. With the exception of stress: You should get to the root cause of that.

Like what? Painting? Writing? Etc? Understand that there are loads of things that people do as a hobby and who love these things. All you are saying is that everyone should just work as efficiently as possible. Things don't work like that. I've known plenty of people (and remember, I'm 31) who have done that and are facing massive mid-life crises because they aren't doing what they enjoy. They took the advice of others and lived their life according to what they should do instead of what they wanted to do.

mZuzek said:
Skullwaker said:

Holy shit this got a lot of posts fast. Maybe I should make a borderline offensive thread with underlying religious themes. I'd make millions!

It was always the most mainstream formula for success. This thread is here to prove, again, that it works.

However, it usually comes at the cost of reputation. Make a thread like this and you'll be accused of being a sell-out in the blink of an eye. If you just want the money and fame though, go for it.

Money/Points and publicity, not fame. Didn't post this for those things though

Esiar said:
o_O.Q said:

no its a pagan practice the true day of worship is the last day of the week which is saturday, sunday is the first day of the week

The sabbath is pointless if you believe in the New Testament anyways.

what you have to understand is that this is just one example that i've commented on... the whole religion is riddled with pagan practices

another example being the worship of the birth of christ the sun of god at christmas which again is derived from the pagan practice of worshipping at this time of year

jesus was actually born sometime around easter not christmas

its amazing that most christians are really pagans and they have no idea because they've never actually taken the time to study the origins of their religion