I actually listened. Thank you. 11 6.43%

I hate Nintentacle. 12 7.02%

I love Nintentacle. 11 6.43%

Looks like someone had a bad day. 55 32.16%

Nah, he just is in that b... 13 7.60%

Total:171
sundin13 said:
Esiar said:

The lack of helping people does hurt people. How can you say that the absence of helping homeless people does not negatively affect homeless people? You are choosing not to help them, clearly. This clearly affects them. You're putting your own hobbies over them. You know there are starving people. At times you buy games instead of looking for these people and helping them. This hurts them. I understand that you clearly need to provide for your own needs, but other's needs should be put above your own.

In terms of suicide, video games are only surpressing it. It doesn't fix the problem (and the problem is fixable). It can be compared to treating a symptom rather than the actual sickness.

You are fundamentally wrong. Logically, the lack of positive does not equal negative. It just equals nothing. And once again, video games are in no way worse or different than any other hobby, and hobbies in general are quite important to the mental health and general well roundedness of an individual. 

As for suicide, I was just saying that if I was to give up all of my hobbies and all of my time and all of my money, I would probably be a horrible mess of a person who hated their life.

I don't see any problem with someone living for themself, and if that is what you are trying to speak against, then you are doing it in the wrong place and with the wrong target. You have yet to give a valid reason for why you singled out video games...

The lack of a positive doesn't necessarily equal a negative, but in this case, it does. Imagine someone steals something - Will the lack of putting them in Prison do nothing, or will it negatively affect other people? It will negatively affect other people.

There's better ways to improve your mental state and goodness than hobbies. Less expensive things also.

But the same thing applies to what I said about suicide - You don't even have to be depressed without unnecessary hobbies, you could get to the root of the problem if something like that happens.

Living for yourself is not bad, but the problem is in living primarily for yourself, or only for yourself. I,e., choosing to spend time and money on your own entertainment or amusement rather than using more of that time to help others.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Esiar said:

Money/Points and publicity, not fame. Didn't post this for those things though

Not only are you a sellout, but you're also a liar. Such a shame.

If I were a sell-out, I'd be making gaming threads: People here like those more.

sethnintendo said:

Religion is a waste of time.  Video games helped get me my current on and off girl of 7 or so years.  I invited her over and played Wii Sports with her and eventually we hit it off.  I don't see Jesus getting me laid nor would I dare step foot in church again considering it is so boring and a waste of time.  I don't care if there are hot girls there because I'll either see them outside a church or not.

You are the one wasting your time. You shouldn't be with a girl you are on and off with, and you don't need to get laid. 

It's a waste of time based on a faulty perspective of looking at it

Esiar said:

The lack of a positive doesn't necessarily equal a negative, but in this case, it does. Imagine someone steals something - Will the lack of putting them in Prison do nothing, or will it negatively affect other people? It will negatively affect other people.

There's better ways to improve your mental state and goodness than hobbies. Less expensive things also.

But the same thing applies to what I said about suicide - You don't even have to be depressed without unnecessary hobbies, you could get to the root of the problem if something like that happens.

Living for yourself is not bad, but the problem is in living primarily for yourself, or only for yourself. I,e., choosing to spend time and money on your own entertainment or amusement rather than using more of that time to help others.

You are full of so much hot air good sir, I honestly cannot fathom your selfishness. Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life, and yet you tell me that your sole ideology is the truth. Bullshit, I say. I am living in the way that I am living in order to live my life as I so choose. I have chosen this life and the present me is a summation of my genetics and experiences which have led me into the choice of living the life I lead. Who are you to say that this me is not ideal, especially when that ideal is a construct invented by you. Who are you to tell me that I shouldn't be the person that I am in order to be closer to what you think is ideal? Who are you to tell me that the time I spend enriching myself through my hobbies is wasted time? You do not hold dominion over anyone but yourself, and you should think long and hard about where these viewpoints stem from, because they do not come from any form of logic. You are simply holding some ideal above all else and mistakenly thinking that it is a definite truth.

There is no definite purpose to my life. I personally define where I desire to head and I will get there how I so choose. Until you show me a definite purpose, you cannot claim that my time is wasted.

tagging for later, but I will say that I think what someone does with their time is up to them. It's also up to them to decide if what they use their time for is worth it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Holy_Roman_Emperor said:

This is a matter of subjective opinion. You might think playing video games and discussing consoles is a waste of time but you are not masters of our lives. We choose what we want to do with our time in the world and even though you might not like it, we possibly do. For example, I play video games a lot. And it wasn't a waste of time. I learned English faster than high school could teach it to me, I learned geography playing Paradox games, I got interested in history and the ALLMIGHTY HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE through playing Assassin's Creed. I don't consider that a waste of time.

Instead of playing games and arguing, what are we supposed to do instead?

And yes, I'm new here.

I'm not controlling what you guys are doing, I can't force any of you to do anything. I am not saying you can't play video games as a major hobby, just that you shouldn't.

You can learn English fast without video games, as well as geography and the Roman Empire (Wouldn't call it Almighty or Holy). 

Video games are a waste of time because you can get the same benefits faster, better, and more efficiently.

Esiar said:

Then they won't be homeless. They would have died earlier, and now It's their turn to help homeless people.

But if they live longer they'll just waste more time, so they're better off dead.

Twilord said:
Esiar said:

All of you waste your time. That's horrible. We all probably have less than 70 years to live on this planet (For all you know you could even die this week). Using that time to play PARTICIPATE IN THE ARTS, and ENJOY DELIGHTFUL FORINIFICATION is dangerously foolish.

I wasted well over 20 hours in the last 2 weeks, waiting, when I could have only waited a few hours in total. It was over a ridiculous reason, and I regret it. When I could and should have done something after I waited, I didn't do it. That is equally stupid, and was not beneficial to anyone that day.

FORECASTING CULTURE TRENDS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND OUR DIFFERENCES is childish.

HAVING PASSIONATE WORLD VIEWS EXPRESSED THROUGH A MODERN LINGUISTIC ARTFORM is childish.

ENGAGING IN ONE THE MOST FULFILLING FORMS OF MEDITIATION THROUGH THE USE OF OUR MOST ADVANCED ARTFORM is dangerously silly.

It's a hobby for foolish people. It's more silly than thinking that a snowball could land in A FICTIONAL LOCATION OF QUESTIONABLE HEAT DEPENDING ON CULTURE AND FAITH!

The best thing to do is to get POSSIBLE HISTORICAL CHARACTER and make him A PERSONALIZED FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

Note: I mentioned God, Hell, and Jesus. This usually spawns religious debate on the Internet. See, "HAVING PASSIONATE WORLD VIEWS EXPRESSED THROUGH A MODERN LINGUISTIC ARTFORM is childish.", and "It's more silly than thinking that a snowball could land in A FICTIONAL LOCATION OF QUESTIONABLE HEAT DEPENDING ON CULTURE AND FAITH!".

Fascinating argument?

-There's better ways to understand differences.

-What you said is not necessarily childish, but insulting others over it is childish.

-There's more engaging and fulfilling things than video games.

sundin13 said:
Esiar said:

You are full of so much hot air good sir, I honestly cannot fathom your selfishness. Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life, and yet you tell me that your sole ideology is the truth. Bullshit, I say. I am living in the way that I am living in order to live my life as I so choose. I have chosen this life and the present me is a summation of my genetics and experiences which have led me into the choice of living the life I lead. Who are you to say that this me is not ideal, especially when that ideal is a construct invented by you. Who are you to tell me that I shouldn't be the person that I am in order to be closer to what you think is ideal? Who are you to tell me that the time I spend enriching myself through my hobbies is wasted time? You do not hold dominion over anyone but yourself, and you should think long and hard about where these viewpoints stem from, because they do not come from any form of logic. You are simply holding some ideal above all else and mistakenly thinking that it is a definite truth.

There is no definite purpose to my life. I personally define where I desire to head and I will get there how I so choose. Until you show me a definite purpose, you cannot claim that my time is wasted.

Not full of hot air now, I'm actually calm.

"I honestly cannot fathom your selfishness."

I'd rather do other things than this. I'd be doing other things than this if I were selfish. I also wouldn't be advising you to help homeless people instea of playing video games if I were selfish.

"Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life"

You really need it considering you are justifying puttinf your entertainment over homeless people.

badgenome said:
Esiar said:

Then they won't be homeless. They would have died earlier, and now It's their turn to help homeless people.

But if they live longer they'll just waste more time, so they're better off dead.

Notice the "If" you use. Your assuming that they might buy video games, so that justifies not helping them because of something that may or may not happen? Really