By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo MCC possibly announced for PC?

Halo MCC was the game that I was eventually going to buy an XBO for, now there's literally no reason for me to buy one. All their exclusives seem to come to PC so why would I bother?

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Halo MCC was the game that I was eventually going to buy an XBO for, now there's literally no reason for me to buy one. All their exclusives seem to come to PC so why would I bother?

So to you this confirms the game comes to PC? And that is why you won't buy an Xbone? Sounds reasonable.

Aerys said:

The Microsoft CEO decided to reveal what we already suspected, Halo MCC is coming on PC, on Windows 10.

Couldn't it just refer to the fact that you can stream your XB1 games (including Halo MCC) on Windows 10? I don't think it's coming to PC. At least not in the near future.

It could refer to their new browser called "Spartan" as well.

This is SUPER old and it was a teaser for the Windows 10 event and xbox games being able to play on PC by streaming. Frank O'connor posted this as a teaser for W10 event as well

Now if if it ever happens, then cool. Really searching with 3 month old news though

Tachikoma said:
Ruler said:

Not really, it would mean less reasons to buy an xbox and subscribing to xbox live

With the way things are going i wouldnt be surprised if xbox-pc games allowed you to login to your xbl profile and use your xblg subscription for online.

They have games for windows live but multiplayer is there for free because no one paid on pc

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
zero129 said:

This would be great if it turned out to be true and insta day 1 buy for me since i dont own an X1 yet. I also dont think this would be a problem pop this on PC keep Halo 5 exclusive to x1 anyone who finishes the Collection then needs an X1 to continue the story, Great stratagy and something all devs should do with their exclusives imo.
Like Sony could release the GoW collections on PC and Uncharted Collection then anyone who wants to continue the story of them games or play the newest ones GoW4 Uncharted 4 would need to buy a PS4.
So i think this is what devs should be doing imo as it doesnt do any harm and if anything will only boost sales for the newest entres, Plus if PC doesnt matter as much as some console gamers like to think whats the to fear from doing this?? .

Was there any need for the last line? 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-dominates-xbox-one-in-ubisoft-platform-sales-c/1100-6423280

That's how much pc matters to a pro console and pro pc publisher.  17%.

I reckon sony will make their older games available through services like ps now.  Already being rolled out on tv's so you never know could come to pc too.  

First yes the was really a need for that last line since console gamers say all the time that "PC doesnt matter" yet when an exclusive goes to jump ship they act like its the end times. and Half the time its the other consoles user base that makes a bigger deal out of it then it is.

2nd Wow i cant believe UBI have 17% of their market on PC now compared to the consoles with PS4 having 21% and X1 having 9% thats some nice growed for PC, Not bad for a company that has shown time and time again that they dont care about PC users by releasing un playable badly optimized games thats full of game breaking bugs.

And yeah i fully believe Sony will launch PSNow on PC for their older games as its a great marketing tool to allow users to play them games and try to bring them users over to their console until PSNow becomes Sonys main Platform..

Yeah so in 1 year the ps4 has outdone the entire pc market for them. Makes you wonder why some people say pc is the biggest market for these companies when it's clearly not.  70% is consoles.  

I guess most PS4 users enjoy broken games alot then , Good thing Most PC users have common sense and only support devs that put time and effert into their PC games . And no people dont say PC is the biggiest market for devs like UBISoft (Funny how in each of this topics your fav dev to mention is UBISoft i wonder why??) But if Devs put in time and dont release crappy ports they can expect good sales..

But anyway here you are once again bringing another PC thread completly off topic by running down the PC market once again. Its like it kills you inside to know PC gaming is becoming so big.. IF PC gaming doesnt matter why are you coming into every thread about PC gaming and downplaying it soo much??

So why are you supporting Rockstar when they've given the pc version the cold shoulder so many times its not even funny.  The reality is games like battlefield and far cry that started out on pc are now dominated by console sales.  Pc is very relevant for f2p and mmo's but when it comes to the AAA cross gen titles it's a very small player.  Your the one who brought up console players and pc on this. So my advice is don't do that if you don't want me coming in with hard facts and setting things straight. 

From december and I think it more likely means halo mcc will have windows 10 integration on xbone somehow

Could simply mean xbox one streaming to pc and do you think Ms will announce such a big game through a tweet. Yes but that text 'Halo Master Chief Collection' and then Master Chief saying Windows 10 could indicate something.

Technically the MCC will be available for Windows 10 because Windows 10 will be the OS for the Xbox One. As pimple as that.

Hunting Season is done...

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

So why are you supporting Rockstar when they've given the pc version the cold shoulder so many times its not even funny.  The reality is games like battlefield and far cry that started out on pc are now dominated by console sales.  Pc is very relevant for f2p and mmo's but when it comes to the AAA cross gen titles it's a very small player.  Your the one who brought up console players and pc on this. So my advice is don't do that if you don't want me coming in with hard facts and setting things straight. 

Out of all the Rockstar games i played on my PC only 1 was broken on release and that was GTA4 but then they redeemed themselfs in my eyes with a great port of max payne 3, But thats just me. if R* release a badly optimised GTA5 that doesnt look much better then the X1/PS4 versions after such a long delay i wont support them same as many other PC users wont, But then i guess console fans will say "AAA Games dont sell on PC" cos of this -_-, But if R* had to released the game at the same time on PC/X1/PS4 i can bet you the PC sales of GTA5 would of dwafed the Nextgen console versions.

Battlefield 3 sold great on PC BF4 was another badly broken game that still sold great on PC, have you compared sales of the PS4 version of BF4 to the PC version?? or FC4 PS4 vs PC version sales??, Anyway FarCry 2 left a very bad taste in PC gamers mouths, But FarCry 3 went on to sell very well on PC and still has pretty good legs since its still selling, and FC4 is doing even better then the last one it seems and will most likely have great legs on PC too.

Anyway like i said also in my last post to you PC games also are not very front loaded, But they have great legs and sell for years and years but anyway you fail to see all this, Lucky the rest of the one time Console devs dont think like you and are now seeing value in the PC Market, But you will also downplay this.

Ok ill keep in mind then to remember that you will be coming into every PC thread to downplay PC Gaming But not with hard facts as you like to say cos im still waiting for you to show me Digital Game sales on PC to show how them so called "AAA" games dont sell, and not with using sales data from companys that has a very bad rep on PC (UBISoft).

But then you wont do this cos you cant, the same way you didnt bother to reply back to what i wrote to you in that other thread cos you got stuck for words. i I can once again post a number of reasons to you how and why the PC gaming community has been changing and evolving so much over the last few years and more so within the last two years to start bringing in more console gamers and how its been working out well with the massive growth steam has been seeing going from 80 million to over a 120 million active users in the space of 3 months is huge no matter how much you try to downplay it and say it doesnt matter, but instead of looking at "Real" facts such as how Valve is making the PC gaming experence very console like and easy to use for the casual console player with Big Picture mode Central Friends and achivement lists auto update and patching of your games etc etc, and how its become cheaper and easier then ever for console only gamers to get into PC gaming you can keep saying them facts you like to speak of and turning a blind eye to everything else but your starting to sound like some who is looking at PC gaming from 2004 and stuck in denial instead of looking at how much PC gaming has changed and evolved within them years .

Wow you actually used ubi as an example after I linked you their financial reports.  Far cry used to be a pc only series.  Now the bulk of its revenue comes from consoles.  Ps4 for Ubisoft brings in more revenue than pc. And that was only 18 million consoles versus 125 million active steam accounts plus non steam pc users.  Same with battlefield.  That started pc only and it's now dominated by console revenue.