By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Look how great Nintendo's software output is

Kerotan said:
Skullwaker said:

I thought we were talking about games releasing this year. Have those games even been revealed?

In that case, I could mention Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Paper Mario or Metroid.

The combined budget of those games would probably equal one of sony's.  

Nintendo pays their employees in monopoly money?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Indeed they have a great out put on games, for at least satisfied their own fan base.

I find it funny that after the last year and a half people still use budget as a means of guaging any aspect of potential quality in games. Big budgets don't ensure jack. If we've learned anything in the last couple years, it's that if massive budgets indicate anything its the gross inefficiency of many companies and an obnoxiously large amount of investment in advertising. Not that advertising isn't needed, it is, but my word the hyping is out of control.

Only Xenoblade looks interesting on that list IMO. The rest is the usual.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Nuvendil said:
I find it funny that after the last year and a half people still use budget as a means of guaging any aspect of potential quality in games. Big budgets don't ensure jack. If we've learned anything in the last couple years, it's that if massive budgets indicate anything its the gross inefficiency of many companies and an obnoxiously large amount of investment in advertising. Not that advertising isn't needed, it is, but my word the hyping is out of control.

offcourse big budget doesn't mean jack, and gross efficiency what really important is, But all of that will be useless if they have dont have a competitive market share. Market share that ensure that the company stay steady on global level.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Only Xenoblade looks interesting on that list IMO. The rest is the usual.

Splatoon is the usual too?

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

Lack of 3rd parties has nothing to do with it. Even back in the NES/SNES era when Nintendo had amazing 3rd party support, Nintendo published titles still had great legs and we're the best selling titles on Nintendo platforms.

Both points are right.  The lack of competition obviously gives gamers little quality alternatives and the other point is that nintendo have a hardcore that's been gaming with them for generations and their loyalty to nintendo made games is strong 

When combining retail, eShop and Virtual Console titles, 3DS has over 1000 games. U can't say it has a lack of competition from 3rd parties.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It is a great output indeed but like what several posters have mentioned those titles may have been targeted to the same audience who have the console. In order to bring more people to buy the console Nintendo needs fresh new IPs in a better release date and more mature games.

Due to the lack of 3rd party it is really an uphill task for Nintendo.

gabzjmm23 said:
It is a great output indeed but like what several posters have mentioned those titles may have been targeted to the same audience who have the console. In order to bring more people to buy the console Nintendo needs fresh new IPs in a better release date and more mature games.

The same audience? So Pokemon Shuffle appeals to the same demographic as Codename STEAM or Xenoblade Chronicles?

I see action/adventure, platformer, puzzle, strategy, role-playing, shooter in that list.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
gabzjmm23 said:

The same audience? So Pokemon Shuffle appeals to the same demographic as Codename STEAM or Xenoblade Chronicles?

I see action/adventure, platformer, puzzle, strategy, role-playing, shooter in that list.

Pretty sure he's saying that those games appeal to the Nintendo fanbase rather than genres.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.