By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Study shows why current-gen console owners chose a specific gaming device

Tagged games:

Aeolus451 said:
Probably accurate. I was wondering why would someone buy a xbone knowing about their attempt with their used game policies.

While not so much now, I'm still interested in a Xbox One despite everything that happened. It is not because brand loyalty or resolution or crap; it's because it will end up with games I'd like to play, like Gears of War, or Quantum Break.

I don't support those policies or the philosophy behind it, but I do support games that I enjoy. More often than not, platform exclusivity is a nuisance for me.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Aeolus451 said:
Probably accurate. I was wondering why would someone buy a xbone knowing about their attempt with their used game policies.

While not so much now, I'm still interested in a Xbox One despite everything that happened. It is not because brand loyalty or resolution or crap; it's because it will end up with games I'd like to play, like Gears of War, or Quantum Break.

I don't support those policies or the philosophy behind it, but I do support games that I enjoy. More often than not, platform exclusivity is a nuisance for me.

Sounds like a good reason to me then. Hopefully, MS learned a lesson about those policies and won't try them again later. 

vivster said:
This study is obviously a fake since brand loyalty doesn't exist in the US.

It doesnt exist there? why else you think xbox and iphone are strong there? because those are US brands

Ruler said:
vivster said:
This study is obviously a fake since brand loyalty doesn't exist in the US.

It doesnt exist there? why else you think xbox and iphone are strong there? because those are US brands

vivster is being sarcastic.

Wii U owners consider Fun as an important reason to be gaming, at least there is some hope for gaming 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Considering how many Xbox One owners in the study owned a 360 last gen I'd assume they mean better processng power compared to the 360.

That would make sense only if they were asking why the person upgraded not why he chose that specific console. Maybe by x360 having better multiplats for a long part of last gen people assumed it were stronger than ps3 and infered that the sucessor would be as well.

But if he wanted just specs he should go PC.

Myself, I preffer Sony games, policies, design, internal psu and brand as well. Other funny part is Nintendo owners not listing brand but being the more loyalist.

They did ask people for their top 5 reasons though, so it would still make sense if the people that said 'better processing power' also cited 'brand' as an important reason. Then it would be more likely they were comparing it with previous Xbox consoles.

I agree about the Nintendo part, that is quite odd. Although with the #2 reason there being 'better for kids' it may have been that there were plenty of parents in the survey that just bought the console for their kids rather than because they themselves were Nintendo fans.

Your explanation makes sense but would show a severely lacking survey.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Rab said:

Wii U owners consider Fun as an important reason to be gaming, at least there is some hope for gaming 

Yes because clearly ms and Sony fans are masochist they don't want to have fun gaming.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pretty interesting finding. I expected brand to be up there on the playstation side as well.

Only problem with this study is that they polled 13 year olds only instead of a range of ages.
Still, 13 year olds at least does show us how they're thinking.

Also, we don't know what percentages each category was picked, but games being higher up on ps4 than the others is a pretty important distinction.

Interesting survey, that show what we already assumed:

People who switch brands this generation are more likely to switch to PS4.

• 25% of PS4 owners owned a 7th gen console, but not a PS3. (91%-66%)
  • 12% of XB1 owners owned a 7th gen console, but not a XB360. (88%-76%)
  • 7% of WiiU owners owned a 7th gen console, but not a Wii (93% -86%)
MS is doing a good job attracting first time console buyers.  (Price drop/advertising/minecraft)  This is what is killing Nintendo this gen.  Wii attracted a TON of first time console buyers last gen.  They are not sticking with Nintendo this time.
  • 12% of XB1 owners did not own a 7th gen console.
  • 9% of PS4  owners did not own a 7th gen console.
  • 7% or WiiU owners did not own a 7th gen console.

DonFerrari said:
Rab said:

Yes because clearly ms and Sony fans are masochist they don't want to have fun gaming.

They have fun alright, with resolution and branding :p