By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Xenoblade X Video! Night, Day and weather!

Greatness?

yes! 60 57.69%

yes! 10 9.62%

yes! 19 18.27%

yes! 15 14.42%

Total:104

: O

Around the Network
VXIII said:

The size and scale of the dinosaur is great, this movment is not however. when he turns, his long neck shouldn't be moving at the exact same time and speed as the rest of the body. Also his back legs also shouldn't be dragged while remaining on the ground, as if he was featherlight. These small things really damage the supposed great scale of the beast. Thay really should have added more "bones" to the models.

Hahaha. Yeah, it's really obvious in Xenoblade (and apparently in X as well) that there's no actual collision between individual feet and the ground. Models appear to slide around while moving their legs -- or while not moving their legs, as I recall monsters 'pivoting' in place to change targets in battle.

It's the sort of thing I didn't really think about in X footage because to me it just "looks like Xenoblade." I guess what that actually means is that the cut corners are right in your face at all times, haha. I'm almost disappointed they replaced Xenoblade's single-frame jump "animation" with something more natural-looking.

Paatar said:
WAIT HOLD THE HELL UP. AT 36 seconds into the video, IS THAT A TELETHIA!!??? :OOO

Look at the shadows to the left. It looks kind of like it's moving. Could be interpreted differently, and it could be a Telethia, though given that the Telethia are all dead...

Paatar said:
David_Hernandeez said:

I spot it too I know it may sound crazy but what if this is a sequel but they don't want to tell us. Anyways I am 90% sure that my avatar will be a girl those booty look nice xD and I that's the music that I can't find anywhere u_u

It isn't a sequel but just like the nopon are in this game yet have no relation to Shulk. Same could be said for Telethia.

Don't be too sure about that... They released an old adventure of Tatsu's, where he made several references to those people. One of them saying there was an old 'Hom Hom saying'.

Clyde32 said:
Paatar said:
WAIT HOLD THE HELL UP. AT 36 seconds into the video, IS THAT A TELETHIA!!??? :OOO

Look at the shadows to the left. It looks kind of like it's moving. Could be interpreted differently, and it could be a Telethia, though given that the Telethia are all dead...

Paatar said:
David_Hernandeez said:

I spot it too I know it may sound crazy but what if this is a sequel but they don't want to tell us. Anyways I am 90% sure that my avatar will be a girl those booty look nice xD and I that's the music that I can't find anywhere u_u

It isn't a sequel but just like the nopon are in this game yet have no relation to Shulk. Same could be said for Telethia.

Don't be too sure about that... They released an old adventure of Tatsu's, where he made several references to those people. One of them saying there was an old 'Hom Hom saying'.

I dunno, I don't think it will be a continuation of the story, didn't Monolith already say it wasn't a direct sequel?

curl-6 said:
Clyde32 said:

I dunno, I don't think it will be a continuation of the story, didn't Monolith already say it wasn't a direct sequel?

That wouldn't be direct though.

Around the Network

This game makes my pants tight.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

the_dengle said:
VXIII said:

The size and scale of the dinosaur is great, this movment is not however. when he turns, his long neck shouldn't be moving at the exact same time and speed as the rest of the body. Also his back legs also shouldn't be dragged while remaining on the ground, as if he was featherlight. These small things really damage the supposed great scale of the beast. Thay really should have added more "bones" to the models.

Hahaha. Yeah, it's really obvious in Xenoblade (and apparently in X as well) that there's no actual collision between individual feet and the ground. Models appear to slide around while moving their legs -- or while not moving their legs, as I recall monsters 'pivoting' in place to change targets in battle.

It's the sort of thing I didn't really think about in X footage because to me it just "looks like Xenoblade." I guess what that actually means is that the cut corners are right in your face at all times, haha. I'm almost disappointed they replaced Xenoblade's single-frame jump "animation" with something more natural-looking.

It seems to me a result of Monolith's inexperience with HD development. They've taken their Wii-era design, and amped it up with much bigger areas, higher quality textures and shaders, and of course HD, but left the rather basic animation system intact. We saw a lot of the same thing in early PS3/360 games.

Given that this is their first game on HD-ready hardware, I'd say they've done an admirable job, actually. Sure, the transition is never painless, and they have better hardware to work with than early PS3/360 devs did, but I'd say their first outing is an impressive piece of work.

Looks great. I wish I could play the game right now.

The presentation looks like an early PS3 game.

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:
The presentation looks like an early PS3 game.

Show me an early PS3 game, or any PS3 game for that matter, with a world that size.