By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Xenoblade X Video! Night, Day and weather!

Greatness?

yes! 60 57.69%

yes! 10 9.62%

yes! 19 18.27%

yes! 15 14.42%

Total:104

I've never been that fussed about weather in these sorts of games. Maybe have it change along with key events in the story. But just in the background, doesn't bother me. I was impressed when they did it in Ocarina of Time. After that, not so much.

bunchanumbers said:
How many copies the game sells is kinda out of our hands.

This makes no sense!

Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
The presentation looks like an early PS3 game.

Please give us an example. ;)

Elders Scrolls IV

VS

xbx

curl-6 said:
super_etecoon said:
How much will this game be like Monster Hunter? I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I mostly am when it comes to this title. I played Monster Hunter 3 for Wii and it really wasn't that enjoyable to me. I guess I wanted to do more than hunt monsters.

It's nothing like Monster Hunter. 

MH is a gritty, old school action RPG with real time combat, worlds divided into small chunks and a throwaway narrative.

Xenoblade is a modern JRPG with hybrid real time/turn based combat, a massive open world, and a strong narrative focus.

Xenoblade Chronicles X probably won't have any turn-based combat mixed in, like the first game. But even still, there is a difference between a real-time RPG and an Action RPG. 

sc94597 said:
curl-6 said:

It's nothing like Monster Hunter. 

MH is a gritty, old school action RPG with real time combat, worlds divided into small chunks and a throwaway narrative.

Xenoblade is a modern JRPG with hybrid real time/turn based combat, a massive open world, and a strong narrative focus.

Xenoblade Chronicles X probably won't have any turn-based combat mixed in, like the first game. But even still, there is a difference between a real-time RPG and an Action RPG. 

The combat shown in the E3 2014 demo looks pretty much identical to Xenoblade, with the addded ability to change weapons mid fight.

curl-6 said:
sc94597 said:

The combat shown in the E3 2014 demo looks pretty much identical to Xenoblade, with the addded ability to change weapons mid fight.

Except the chain attacks (the actual turn-based parts of Xenoblade Chronicles) are likely not going to return, unless they somehow make a plot reason for it. But from interviews it seems like they just ditched that. Everything else in Xenoblade Chronicles was real-time. It just wasn't button-mapped like an ARPG would be. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
PlayMatt said:

Please give us an example. ;)

Elders Scrolls IV

VS

xbx

like a ps3 early game!!! LOL

this game is going to be a msterpice on every aspect including graphics ;)

34 years playing games.

garywood said:

I've never been that fussed about weather in these sorts of games. Maybe have it change along with key events in the story. But just in the background, doesn't bother me. I was impressed when they did it in Ocarina of Time. After that, not so much.

bunchanumbers said:
How many copies the game sells is kinda out of our hands.

This makes no sense!

What? It is. Unless we rent billboards and start our own advertising campaign, our ability to improve sales of a game is limited.

PlayMatt said:

you! look like an early ps3 game :P

sc94597 said:
curl-6 said:

Except the chain attacks (the actual turn-based parts of Xenoblade Chronicles) are likely not going to return, unless they somehow make a plot reason for it. But from interviews it seems like they just ditched that. Everything else in Xenoblade Chronicles was real-time. It just wasn't button-mapped like an ARPG would be. 

Got a link?

onionberry said:
PlayMatt said:

you! look like an early ps3 game :P

I'm still stuck on PS2 :/

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!