By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to go to that doctor for that foot in mouth disease.

Quietly walks into the forum, and places some rabid fanboy bait out. Then descretely backs away from the frenzy that is about to ensue. I think we have a new special friend. May God have mercy upon his soul. Nobody here is going to.

http://www.jolt.co.uk/index.php?articleid=10733

Arrogant Sony is back. Did you miss it? Yes, the PlayStation 3 may have had a decidedly dodgy start, but now Sony is certain that it's turned a corner and will fly past both of its inferior rivals.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Next-Gen.biz, Scott Steinberg - VP of product marketing at SCEA - has stated that it's only a matter of time before consumers see the difference in quality between games on the PS3 and games on the Xbox 360 or Wii.

“In three years certain systems will look pretty long in the tooth graphically if not look like they’re extremely dated," Steinberg said, hinting that he considers Nintendo's Wii out of date.

“Wii is on a different trajectory completely and I’m not exactly sure what that will look like in two or three year’s time. The technology that’s under that hood is so different from ours and I think the jury is still out.”

Steinberg also turned his attention to the market leader in the U.S. - the Xbox 360.

"The time that they [Microsoft] had to create huge distance and build a massive install base before the PS3 could really take root; that opportunity is over and there’s no real capitalization of it," he stated.

"They had a great crescendo moment with Halo and it helped catapult them into a pretty strong position towards the back end of last year, but they were still within a stone’s throw of where they were with the original Xbox.

"To me that speaks of a failure to broaden their reach beyond the core first person shooter player who was in their back pocket for Xbox. The question for us is ‘are they really going after the PS2 demographic? Are they stealing share from us?’ And the answer is no.”

Around the Network

man. Who is this Steinberg? (rhetorical question) and why is he a even bigger fanboy than most of us here? lol

I swear to god if he posts here, he will be banned within the hour.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

This is an old article. I read it a week ago on the forums.

...what?
I don't see what's so big about this interview.
There are ones that were worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

This sounds familiar ...

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=19666

Around the Network

YEs so he was meant to say

"PS3 will lose & NEVER pass rivals"

THAT would equal FORUMS saying

SONY LOSES FAITH IN Ps3....PS3 DOOMED!

_______

Whatever statement or move SONY makes IT JUST HAS TO BE PROVED WRONG....does it not

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Looks like reasonable PR talk to me.

Looks like the same Sony PR we've been seeing for months to me. "The PS3 is more future-proof than the Wii or 360", that's basically what he's saying. And it's not true at all. If having overly powerful hardware ensured a system's continued survival past the generation it was produced in, then why did the CD-i fall short long before the PS1 generation was in its prime, despite being a mid-to-late SNES generation offering? And why did MS discontinue the XBOX then, seeing as the XBOX is basically as powerful as the Wii? One could argue that these products were on the losing edge as it is, but even then, you have to consider the console generation factor. Even if the next generation of systems only matches the PS3 in specs, the PS3 will still be seen as "last-gen" when the next generation comes out.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I have a feeling we'll be hearing this same sad story for the next 4 or so years until they announce the PS4. What I don't understand is this constant talk about the PS2's fanbase being untouched. I think sound logic would have you believe that both the Wii and 360 took a large chunk of the PS2 fanbase away. That can basically be proven in the numbers. The Wii is currently surpassing Gamecube total sales as we speak, the 360 will be surpassing Xbox total sales pretty soon, and the PS3 will never reach anywhere close to the PS2's lifetime sales. Anyway you shake a stick at it, both the Wii and 360 will be looked at as successes while the PS3 will be deemed a failure. You can PR spin it all you want, but Sony's "future proof" strategy has become a "future poof" reality.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Ya. That seemed a like normal PR. I didn't see that arrogant at all. Shooters still sell the best on the 360.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.