By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to go to that doctor for that foot in mouth disease.

Yeah, company execs are supposed to champion their systems, did you expect him to say that PS3 won't win?

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

completely agree with some point :

Wii : hard to predict anything for the future.

Xbox360 : too much hardcore (but still a lot of improvement from the Xbox1, who said GTA4 ?)
I still believe they could be WAY ahead of Sony in term of sale rate (Arcade is only 280$ !!!)
and I also believe they will come third because they failed at Xmas07 when they didn't have made a price cut to counter the 40gb.

Time to Work !

Onyxmeth said:
I have a feeling we'll be hearing this same sad story for the next 4 or so years until they announce the PS4. What I don't understand is this constant talk about the PS2's fanbase being untouched. I think sound logic would have you believe that both the Wii and 360 took a large chunk of the PS2 fanbase away. That can basically be proven in the numbers. The Wii is currently surpassing Gamecube total sales as we speak, the 360 will be surpassing Xbox total sales pretty soon, and the PS3 will never reach anywhere close to the PS2's lifetime sales. Anyway you shake a stick at it, both the Wii and 360 will be looked at as successes while the PS3 will be deemed a failure. You can PR spin it all you want, but Sony's "future proof" strategy has become a "future poof" reality.

Dude, the Xbox only sold 24 million....of course it's going to be easy to surpass it's predecessor's sales! The 360 has sold 17 million, and the Wii passed it easily. I don't see the PS3 ever passing the Wii...but certainly the 360. The PS3 has been outselling it world wide for a while now, if that keeps up of course the PS3 is going to outsell it within 2-3 years. As everybody else has been saying, this is just ordinary PR...they're supposed to do crap like this.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Onyxmeth said:
I have a feeling we'll be hearing this same sad story for the next 4 or so years until they announce the PS4. What I don't understand is this constant talk about the PS2's fanbase being untouched. I think sound logic would have you believe that both the Wii and 360 took a large chunk of the PS2 fanbase away. That can basically be proven in the numbers. The Wii is currently surpassing Gamecube total sales as we speak, the 360 will be surpassing Xbox total sales pretty soon, and the PS3 will never reach anywhere close to the PS2's lifetime sales. Anyway you shake a stick at it, both the Wii and 360 will be looked at as successes while the PS3 will be deemed a failure. You can PR spin it all you want, but Sony's "future proof" strategy has become a "future poof" reality.

Dude, the Xbox only sold 24 million....of course it's going to be easy to surpass it's predecessor's sales! The 360 has sold 17 million, and the Wii passed it easily. I don't see the PS3 ever passing the Wii...but certainly the 360. The PS3 has been outselling it world wide for a while now, if that keeps up of course the PS3 is going to outsell it within 2-3 years. As everybody else has been saying, this is just ordinary PR...they're supposed to do crap like this.

I never said 360 would surpass PS3 this generation. I said 360 would surpass Xbox, which means they're gaining hardware sales and market share. That sounds like a win to me. The problem is you guys always pit these consoles against eachother instead of pitting each to their last offerings. It's hard for Sony to go from 120+ million PS2s to whatever the PS3 is going to muster(probably 60 million). Losing hardware sales by approximately half seems like a failure. Going from a 60-something percent market share to a probable 20-25% market share is also a failure. So please don't put words in my mouth.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ummmm..what's weird with that article? it's just normal PR spin, nothing to get worked up about, As with all PR spin, you just lift what (if any) useful info is included in the article and move on. Don't bother yelling about it even if, like in this case, the post has no useful info in it. Just move on by.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Onyxmeth said:

I never said 360 would surpass PS3 this generation. I said 360 would surpass Xbox, which means they're gaining hardware sales and market share. That sounds like a win to me. The problem is you guys always pit these consoles against eachother instead of pitting each to their last offerings. It's hard for Sony to go from 120+ million PS2s to whatever the PS3 is going to muster(probably 60 million). Losing hardware sales by approximately half seems like a failure. Going from a 60-something percent market share to a probable 20-25% market share is also a failure. So please don't put words in my mouth.

When you said the same sad story, I thought you meant the outselling, sorry. As for that, I agree, I don't think the PS3 will see more sales than the PS2. It's more expensive...and I don't really know about the 360 but I completely agree about the Wii taking a huge chunk of the PS2 fanbase. The 360, not so much. It's taking a lot, but I don't think a significant amount of the PS2 fanbase...the Wii is doing that job fairly well. But there are still supposedly at least 70+ million stuck with PS2s. If Sony can do something just absolutely amazing(not so sure about), they can probably sway a big chunk of that 70 million towards the PS3. That's if they play their cards right. They're already on their way to outselling the 360 with the PS3 within 2-3 years.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

how is anything that was said arrogant?

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Onyxmeth said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Onyxmeth said:

When you said the same sad story, I thought you meant the outselling, sorry. As for that, I agree, I don't think the PS3 will see more sales than the PS2. It's more expensive...and I don't really know about the 360 but I completely agree about the Wii taking a huge chunk of the PS2 fanbase. The 360, not so much. It's taking a lot, but I don't think a significant amount of the PS2 fanbase...the Wii is doing that job fairly well. But there are still supposedly at least 70+ million stuck with PS2s. If Sony can do something just absolutely amazing(not so sure about), they can probably sway a big chunk of that 70 million towards the PS3. That's if they play their cards right. They're already on their way to outselling the 360 with the PS3 within 2-3 years.

The sad story I was referring to was the Sony spin story "The PS3 is future proof and will outlast our two non-future proof competitors". I believe the Wii has taken the most of the PS2's market share and will continue to chip away at it in the following years at alarming rates. What I believe the 360 has done is cemented it's position as a heavy sports and shooter related console which were two of the many PS2 strengths that have gone elsewhere. I also believe the 360 has taken marketshare by almost all third party offerings going both ways. Sony has lost many exclusive series in a short amount of time, and the 360 has benefited greatly from it. Losing exclusivity of Grand Theft Auto and Capcom as a developer(who really supported the Xbox poorly last gen), and Namco-Bandai who have put complete exclusives on 360 have affected possible PS3 sales in all regions. Even if Microsoft comes in third, they've still increased hardware and software sales from last gen and are beginning to make money on this investment. Sony can't say either of these things.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

lots of PR but all true.

I am rather shocked at the maturity. Any time anyone says anything negative about the Wii it usually generates a seething hatred on these forums. I am somewhat disturbed by that shift in position do you guys actually agree with the sentiments expressed?