By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 RPG Opinions and Feedback

fagarcia75 said:
this thread was not what I expected. I thought it was about 360 posts about R.P.G.s! (sarcasm)

Thats weird and great now that I re-read my title.

Around the Network

@crabmaster2000

If at any point you're close to purchasing either one of these titles there should be a demo up on XBL Marketplace [except Lost Odyssey], just give them a try.

No! Don't! ES is better than Enchanted Arms in every way! Don't buy it! Its a big mistake!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Krusnik said:
@crabmaster2000

If at any point you're close to purchasing either one of these titles there should be a demo up on XBL Marketplace [except Lost Odyssey], just give them a try.

Do you need to purchase an Xbox live subscription to download demos? If so then im out. I really hate online gaming and try to stray from it as much as possible. If, however, it is free to grab a demo and all i have to do is connect to the internet im all for it.

Arcturus said:
What's with the ads in your signature Crab?

I agree. If someone wants to so blatantly advertise with ads like that then VG Chartz should get a cut of the advertising revenue.  As it stands now it's spam in my opinion.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
No! Don't! ES is better than Enchanted Arms in every way! Don't buy it! Its a big mistake!

Could you rationally elaborate on why? "No! Don't!" is a tad vague.

Crabmaster2000 said:
Wow. Thanks for all the indepth feed back jasonnc80, mrstickball and Darc Requiem. Eternal Sonata was my number 2 choice but its slipping down to 3 or less the more I hear about it. I really do like the art sytle in it and am quite curious to hear the music, so maybe ill just keep it on the back burner and if i see it for cheap one day down the road ill pick it up.

I love old SNES RPGs so Blue Dragon is looking a bit more appealing to me. Darc Requiem says its "to easy" though. Did anyone else feel this way. I love when i get my ass kicked and have to level up or do sidequests for additional items/money/weapons.

Lost Odyssey seems like everyones logical pick here. Maybe ill get that one and play the others first so they dont just suck in comparison after.

I havnt heard good things about Enchanted Arms. Two of you guys both gave it a fairly decent review though. Would the rest of you rate Enchanted Arms above Eternal Sonata aswell?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond everyone.

Worried about Blue Dragon being too easy??

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/b/bluedragon/bluedragon-content.htm

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Crabmaster2000 said:
Wow. Thanks for all the indepth feed back jasonnc80, mrstickball and Darc Requiem. Eternal Sonata was my number 2 choice but its slipping down to 3 or less the more I hear about it. I really do like the art sytle in it and am quite curious to hear the music, so maybe ill just keep it on the back burner and if i see it for cheap one day down the road ill pick it up.

I love old SNES RPGs so Blue Dragon is looking a bit more appealing to me. Darc Requiem says its "to easy" though. Did anyone else feel this way. I love when i get my ass kicked and have to level up or do sidequests for additional items/money/weapons.

Lost Odyssey seems like everyones logical pick here. Maybe ill get that one and play the others first so they dont just suck in comparison after.

I havnt heard good things about Enchanted Arms. Two of you guys both gave it a fairly decent review though. Would the rest of you rate Enchanted Arms above Eternal Sonata aswell?

Thats great!! and its free too! Do i need to purchase an Xbox live subscription to have it available for download?

I still dont really understand getting DLC like this though that should have been included with the game originally. Is it just so that they make you sign on to Xbox live and hope you buy something else aswell?

Crabmaster2000 said:
gebx said:
Crabmaster2000 said:

Thats great!! and its free too! Do i need to purchase an Xbox live subscription to have it available for download?

No, X-box Silver members can download content as well. Gold members can play on line and get content first but the Blue Dragon content was added a while back so that shouldn't be an issue. Eternal Sonata is better than Enchanted Arms. Enchanted Arms is longer and more challenging though. I had low expectations for Enchanted Arms. I had high expectations for Eternal Sonata. That colors my perspective on both. I was expecting a AAA game with Eternal Sonata and got B- title. I was expecting a passable game with Enchanted Arms and got a C title. Honestly I'd rent Eternal Sonata because once you finish it there is no real reason to pick it up gain.