By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 RPG Opinions and Feedback

I  am really interested in three games right now and am seriously thinking about puchasing a 360. I have read a few reviews and such from various sites but would really like the feedback and opinions of people who have played through the games and enjoy these type of games. The three I have in mind are:

Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon.

I want to play a good RPG I can really sink into so the most important factors I'd like to know about are characters and story. And a brief overview of the battle system for each game would be helpful aswell. Just so you have an idea as to what my taste in RPGs is my favorite three would probably be: Xenogears/saga, FFIX and Legend of Dragoon.

So I would like to know if you would recommned any of these games and what your impressions of them are.

PS - please dont push Oblivion, Mass Effect or Fable on my because I really dislike that type of RPG. Also if there are any other games for the 360 that you think I might enjoy please mention them and ill look into them. Also try to keep the spoilers to a minimum if possible. Thanks everyone.

Around the Network

with Trusty Bell (yes, I refuse to call it by another name), coming to PS3 with extra content. LO is the only game I'm very interested in.

Although not enough to throw out 400 bucks for a console for.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

What's with the ads in your signature Crab?

I sold my PS3 and right now there are 0 games of interest coming to it for me, so its a slim chance ill purchase another one anytime soon. I wasnt aware that Eternal Sonata (waaaay better name) was coming to PS3. Still not enough incentive to repurchase the system.

Please try to keep on topic btw.

Get Lost Odyssey then blue dragon then eternal sonata.

Around the Network
elnino334 said:

Could you elaborate on why? Right now im thinking Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon. Why do you think Blue Dragon is above Eternal Sonata?

I've tried out Blue Dragon only but I liked what I played thus far. I guess it would most closely resemble something like FFIX in art style out of the three you mentioned even though it in reality looks exactly like Dragon Ball.

As far as other JRPGs coming out this year on 360, Atlus is publishing both Operation: Darkness and Spectral Force 3 on the 360 exclusively. Spectral Force 3 is due at the end of March. Unfortunately here's the Famitsu scores for both games, so I probably wouldn't anticipate masterpieces:

Spectral Force 3: 7, 6, 6, 7=26/40=65%
Operation Darkness: 6, 6, 6, 5=23/40=57.5%

Luckily you'll also have a late 2008 release of Tales of Vesperia, a 2009 probable release of Infinite Undiscovery and whatever Mistwalker(Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon developer) is cooking up next. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Crabmaster2000 said:
elnino334 said:

Could you elaborate on why? Right now im thinking Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon. Why do you think Blue Dragon is above Eternal Sonata?

Lost Odyssey and Blue dragon are more tradional trun base rpg which I prefer over Eternal sonata which is more like secret of mana.  In terms of picking Lost Odyssey over Blue Dragon though I haven't played Lost Odyssey and I did beat blue dragon I feel the story would be better for Lost Odyssey since it is more mature.  Basically Blue dragon has kids vs Lost Odyssey has adults though I really did enjoy the story from Blue Dragon many reviewers felt it was too childish etc.  Again go Lost Odyssey, blue dragon and then eternal sonata. Which ever you decide I am sure you will truly enjoy it as they are all really good rpgs.

Eternal Sonata

Onyxmeth said:

I've tried out Blue Dragon only but I liked what I played thus far. I guess it would most closely resemble something like FFIX in art style out of the three you mentioned even though it in reality looks exactly like Dragon Ball.

As far as other JRPGs coming out this year on 360, Atlus is publishing both Operation: Darkness and Spectral Force 3 on the 360 exclusively. Spectral Force 3 is due at the end of March. Unfortunately here's the Famitsu scores for both games, so I probably wouldn't anticipate masterpieces:

Spectral Force 3: 7, 6, 6, 7=26/40=65%
Operation Darkness: 6, 6, 6, 5=23/40=57.5%

Luckily you'll also have a late 2008 release of Tales of Vesperia, a 2009 probable release of Infinite Undiscovery and whatever Mistwalker(Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon developer) is cooking up next. 

I really like the art style in all three games so that wont be an issue. I havnt heard of those two games you mentioned. Those scores arnt exactly comforting though. Ill just have to wait and see I guess. I might not get a system until the fall so Ill have to look more into Tales when it get released. Thanks