By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sexuality in Video Games

??

Sexuality is a good thing! 166 90.71%

eww no no no no!!!!! 17 9.29%

Total:183

Avoiding it just make it worse. Seems to me we do not have enough sexual education for both men and woman. This includes most adults. LOL

Around the Network

Mmm, it always seems kind of silly to me for some reason. I see these digital mannequins awkwardly mashing their faces together or bare breasts and all I can think is "some teens probably think this is hot." Devs should feel free to put such stuff in their games, but I do wish they'd get better at it.

onionberry said:
HollyGamer said:
onionberry said:
HollyGamer said:

Well OP topic is too general, if the question is more on smaller aspect  ( example ): " why Gay in Video games is bla bla2, or games with Topples female is bla bla, why sex  intercourse sex in video games is bla bla, " Then It will be easy for me to answer.

The answer is different from one to another, not all sex is bad it related on for whom the games sell for, and where the games sells for, and how much content, how is the sex content  inside the game. and also what kind of sex?

sexuality = not just intercourse, any game that has some kind of sexuality. From Bayonetta to GTA

agree with u, so what is the actual problem here ? if you are complaint why there are so many critics for game with sex (you name it) compare to violent games, that just so wrong, many recent games especially FPS (Call of Dutty , etc) and Sand box games (GTA, etc) has a lot of critics. and most of the critic is just a click bait attention, like CNN, CNB or attention from politician etc, or even from other competitor to downplay their brand.

No I'm not trying to compare both situations, I'm just trying to say that when you say sex or sexuality in a video game, the reactions are stronger, for example, bayonetta is criticized for the sexuality and not so much for the violence. The thread is to know why some people are offended by that, people here on vgchartz, or why do you think other people are offended by sex or sexuality and not by violence. taboo? morals? etc. I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong, I want different perspectives.

Maybe, just my opinion tho, maybe the people who criticized Bayoneta or every other games thinks that the character or the protagonist is not their ideal gender (debatable ). Or maybe the game  has mild violence that is not worth to debate for. Or the game is  "selling to much" sex content  while the the other aspect has a lower score. or maybe the game is an action oriented games but the final product has more sex content then the action (violent game). Or maybe the people who criticized  just don't know what is the intention or the reason why the developer bring sex content on their action games.

I'd love to see a game tackle sex through gameplay mechanics in a mature and intelligent way.

spemanig said:
I'd love to see a game tackle sex through gameplay mechanics in a mature and intelligent way.

Haven't you played Heavy Rain?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Haven't you played Heavy Rain?

It didn't use good game mechanics, it didn't tackle sex in an intelligent way, and it definitely wasn't a good game.

I usually don't like it... Mostly because it's often too out of place (Steel-plated bikini's don't make for good armor, no matter what the stats say). But it's fine when used in the right time/place.

With that said, I don't think it's such a big deal. In fact, it often confuses me as to why violence is so much more acceptable than nudity. I don't know about you, but if a child had a choice to see:

1: someone naked, or
2: someone get their head shot off with a sniper rifle

Which experience do you think would emotionally scar them more?

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

No idea why it is not accepted. As a young boy (4-8), I heard sex in music, read sex in books, seen sex scenes in movies. Same with violence. All the while games just have the violence, and often a lot more then the aforementioned. I have always thought of sexuality as a lot more innocent then violence.

I have no problem with it if it fits the game (sexuality or violence), but if it's just there to boost sales and cause a fuss on the internet, It bothers me. Same goes for any form of media actually.

Off topic, but that scene in dmc when Dante was flying through the air naked and put his pants on. My friend was all like "He forgot his undies!" and then we giggled like little girls..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

DerpSandwich said:
Maybe they feel that violence in video games is much more benign--easily taken as pure fantasy--whereas sexuality can instill unhealthy ideals in kids. Just a guess, though.

Well, in the US. In europe violence leads more easily to applying to higher ratings than some sexy outfit or pose.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]