By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

The only people who are pissed are the ones who actually thought Pac had a chance.

Around the Network
Vasto said:
The only people who are pissed are the ones who actually thought Pac had a chance.

Still blows my mind. On paper, it couldn't have gone any other way.

Carl2291 said:
pokoko said:

You mean the guy who threw more punches and landed a higher percentage?  I know, right, it was mean of him not to let the other guy hit him.

Seriously, though--and please pardon my french--but fuck the casual fan.  I'm sick of the "moar offense" whining we get in every single fucking sport just because they can't understand defensive skill.  

Many of them seem to be idiots, if you think about it.  I mean, people bought this fight thinking that Mayweather, someone who has fought defensively his entire career, was suddenly going to turn into a brawler at age 40?  Lolwtflol?  That's hilarous, seriously.

The overall point is that this fight brought in the neutral, casual fans because of the hype behind it and what they got was one man running away, hugging and headlocking throughout the entire fight whenever the other guy got near him. Obviously Floyd hit Manny with some good shots, but there is a reason why so many people are pissed off with the fight outside of the actual result.

There is a reason why so many people are pissed off with how the fight went down. 

Edit - Compare this fight to Floyds fight with JMM. In that fight he took it to the other guy, in this fight he was on the back foot for literally the entire fight.

That's not even true.  Even the announcer noted how often Mayweather stood in the middle of the ring and didn't allow Pac to back him into the ropes.  He continuously threw his jab and tried to lure in Pac for a counter-punch.  He didn't even clinch that much after the first few rounds, either.

Seriously, if people are mad, it should be at Pac for pretty much doing nothing most of the fight.  He looked scared of May's counter.  The only way he was going to win was by hurting Mayweather, and the only way he was going to do that was by being aggressive.  Instead, he looked timid.  

Don't hit me please!

Mayweather just works the judges score card.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
d21lewis said:
Vasto said:

Still blows my mind. On paper, it couldn't have gone any other way.

The bandwagon to hate Mayweather was so strong in the country due to personal affairs, that they forgot he was a boxer as well.

People were expecting Pacquiao to steam roll him, without knowing his fight style. That's how Mayweather fights, the only thing that changed was Pacquiao's approach in this fight.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Don't hit me please!

Mayweather just works the judges score card.

But apparently the experts watching the fight said Mayweather where in the center of the ring the whole time and Pacquiao weren't able to pressure him at all.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pokoko said:

That's not even true.  Even the announcer noted how often Mayweather stood in the middle of the ring and didn't allow Pac to back him into the ropes.  He continuously threw his jab and tried to lure in Pac for a counter-punch.  He didn't even clinch that much after the first few rounds, either.

Seriously, if people are mad, it should be at Pac for pretty much doing nothing most of the fight.  He looked scared of May's counter.  The only way he was going to win was by hurting Mayweather, and the only way he was going to do that was by being aggressive.  Instead, he looked timid.  

Thats why so many people are pissed off over the actual fight rather than the result. Thats why so many memes are coming out of Floyds performance.

For people who have watched him in the past, or general fans of boxing, this is nothing new. For the new fans brought in by the hype? This is the biggest possible letdown and its why people are mocking him rather than praising him.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Why would you spoil in the title? :(

Talal said:
Why would you spoil in the title? :(

Awww... someone needs a hug.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence